Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEST and WORST Divisions in Boxing right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST and WORST Divisions in Boxing right now?

Best: 147. Pac/May/Marquez/Ortiz/Bradley/Berto/Guerrero/Alexander. It was 140lb until some of them moved to 147lbs. SMW was also good but most of them actually ageing now and Ward has beaten all of them pretty much.

Worst: 160 probably.

What you guys think?

160 is a hot division right now and I actually find 147 pretty weak lol

140 is stacked

Comment

126 and 130.

140 has some life.. everything else is dead

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

by 126 I meant 122

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

140 ****s on 147. 147 basically has all the elite 140 lb. fighters. They're just moving up to chase the big money. (Floyd).

Comment

147 is so overrated! Mayweather, Pacquiao and JMM are at the top but after that it is Bradley then after him then it is a huge Drop Off and a lot of Overrated HYPE JOBS!

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              Best: 147. Pac/May/Marquez/Ortiz/Bradley/Berto/Guerrero/Alexander. It was 140lb until some of them moved to 147lbs. SMW was also good but most of them actually ageing now and Ward has beaten all of them pretty much.

What you guys think?
              I actually think 147 is one of the most unstable divisions in boxing. Pac/Mayweather/Marquez are going to retire soon, and when you take them out of WW picture, it looks pretty lackluster. Ortiz is inconsistent, Berto is nothing special, Bradley/Alexander/Guerrero are not that entertaining (Devon is the worse), and Brook still has yet to have a signature opponent. Brook seems to have the most star potential out of the current crop of young WW's.

I think 122lb is pretty good because there's a combination of young guns on the rise and already-established talent: Donaire/Rigo/Terrazas/Santa Cruz/Quigg/Frampton/Bakhtin/Vasquez/Romero/Mijares/Darchinyan.

154 is good because almost everyone at that weight is in their prime. 154: Canelo, Trout, Lara, Vanes, Kirkland, Molina, Andrade, Rosado, Baysangurov, Rabchenko, Thurman.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 02-09-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post

What you guys think?
                I don't know what you're talking about...

160: Martinez, GGG, Chavez Jr., Pirog, Qullin, Geale, Macklin, N'Dam, Sturm, Barker, Murray, Lee

154 is good too: Trout, Mayweather, Cotto, Lara, Vanes, Kirkland, Molina

Weak(lacking in depth) divisions:
                +200: Wladimir, Vitali, Haye, Pulev, Povetkin (no one else really matters at this point)
                200: Yoan Pablo Hernandez, Marco Huck, Wlodarczyk, Lebedev
                130: Uchiyama, Salgado, Gamboa, Rocky Martinez, Burgos
                126: Mikey Garcia, Salido, Ponce de Leon, Abner Mares (moving to 126)
                118: Moreno, Santa Cruz, Yamanaka?, Kameda?
                115: Narvaez, Sato, Cuadras, Sanchez Jr.
                112: Igarashi, Viloria, Tyson Marquez, Mthlane, Reveco
                108: Solis, Roman Gonzalez
                105: Moises Fuentes, Raul Garcia (this may be the weakest division by far)

Comment

I kind of like the 140 right now with people moving up, but fight's not getting made is bad.
                  And am I the only one that doesn't like the Heavyweight division?

Comment

I like the 150 catchweight division.

Comment

Working...
                    X