Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the best way to get in shape in ur opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More like 10 sets of 15 chinups. Or 15 sets of 10. Can you do that every day, or can anyone that you "train?"

Comment

Lifting smart and watching what you eat.

Walking? Really guys?

wtf
      Last edited by Danny Gunz; 12-31-2012, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        More like 10 sets of 15 chinups. Or 15 sets of 10. Can you do that every day, or can anyone that you "train?"
        Idk, but I remember when I was in jail a couple of inmates were doing 40+ pull ups during yard time... So yeah it's possible... These inmates weren't even on swoll yet either

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post

Walking? Really guys?

wtf
          Walking is very underrated. The times when I have been in the best shape is usually in the summer when I am out and about, walking around all day. Obviously due to time constraints, you can't really do that all the time.

About 5 years ago I dropped about 15 pounds (I'm 5"11, 185 pounds atm I was about 5"10, 175 then) after College I used to go to my garden, skip for 10 minutes, run quick sprints in my garden for another 5 minutes, stop and get my breathe back, then carry on for another 5, and again for another 5. I also had this footmaster kind of cardio machine which I used for about another 10 minutes on top of that. I did this with 3 jackets on and I lost 15 pounds very quickly and I looked much better and felt GREAT. The funny thing was, my diet was the same pretty ****ty, it was before I knew anything about PROPER nutrition and proper gym routines.

Now I have grown a bit, filled out a bit more and put on some more muscle and dropped some of the fat I had then. My goal atm is to pack on some muscle without losing too much fat, just doing it slowly but regularly. It worked for me before around 3 years ago where I put on a good amount of muscle pretty quickly and lost some fat but I feel fitter now in terms of lifting my own body weight and true functional strength, even though I could a little more back then. Though I am 100 pcent sure I can beat that if it was my goal. My routine atm is:

When I enter the gym I stretch, do a very light round on the bag..i stress very light just to get my body temp up a bit and to loosen up. I then jump on the cross trainer for 5 minutes at a slow to moderate pace. Then I do 3 sets of dips or pullups depending on what I am doing OR both really depends on how I feel. I make sure I do 50 rows on the row machine before this. Altogether I do 250 rows per session and because of that my forearms have gone MUCH bigger, pretty quickly too. I don't train till failure per set, purely so I can do more sets overall. I noticed if I train till failure per set overall I do A LOT less in the gym. Drink plenty of water as well during the day, drink enough to keep you hydrated during the workout not TOO much.

Just do pressups, pull ups, rows, cardio on any machine...the cross trainer works well for me if I put it on a incline with resistance plus it isn't harsh on your joints like the treadmill and works you out more than the bike. Skip if you can and do some rounds on the punching bag. It really depends on your body type so it's pretty general. I don't only do this by the way because I lose fat pretty quickly and look too skinny and weak...I do a bit of weightlifting a lot with it to keep some good shape and size on me.

Eat proper foods with good nutritional value, drink plenty of water, take some supplements like cod liver oil/omega fats, zinc etc, and don't over train because you will harm yourself and your motivation will be depleted eventually.

Comment

Do the Tour de France

Comment

Go to a boxing sessions 3/4 times a week with a good diet...you will definately get in shape...I prefer to to do a class I find it more beneficial for pushing myself..

I know some have been a bit negative towards boxercise, but I go 3 times a week, it includes all of the stuff that boxing does apart from the actual bag work.

Press Ups, Burpees, planks, pad work, Sit ups, leg raises, everything and all different variations, best exercise I have done for some time and my sixpack is beginning to show and Im an older boy!

Comment

Running, Boxing and Crossfit gets your in tremendous shape.

Comment

Walking? Really guys?

wtf
                  Oh look. It's the muscular guy who gasses out after 30 seconds of sparring.

Anyways, doing gymwork - sparring, pad work, bag work, skipping the rope, floor exercises, and round after round of shadowboxing. coupled with roadwork (for me, that means longer runs, not really sprints although I realize those can be beneficial.)

Basically, I do what fighters from a generation ago used to do to train, before all the weight training and plyometrics stuff got thrown in.
                  Last edited by SBleeder; 01-04-2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Walking? Really guys?

wtf
                    Actually, walking is one of the best fat loss tools you can do. Extremely underrated form of exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHookGarcia View Post
                      Actually, walking is one of the best fat loss tools you can do. Extremely underrated form of exercise.
                      The only problem is that it is very time consuming and you would burn more calories running the same distance and it would be much less time.

Comment

Working...
                      X