No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Punishes a Very Game Rees For TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner Punishes a Very Game Rees For TKO Win

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City - Adrien Broner (26-0, 22KOs) stopped Gavin Rees (37-2-1, 18KOs) in the fifth round to retain his WBC lightweight crown. Rees did well in the first two rounds, and may have won them, but then Broner opened up in the third with hard punches and then dropped Rees hard in the following round with an uppercut and then punished him. In the fifth, Broner scored a knockdown with a hook to the body. As Broner started letting his hands go, trainer Gary Lockett saved Rees by throwing in the towel.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Broner's going to be exciting at 140, BUT, he's going to get hurt. Gets hit too much.

Comment

Did what he was supposed to do.

Comment

Broner is so overrated I loved this fight

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          Broner is so overrated I loved this fight
          I wouldn't say overrated, but his style won't suit him for JWW, and WW.

Comment

Rut roh,looks like old Enzo Calzaghe lost tons of money he bet on Rees if the old coot was telling the truth about betting it

Comment

What helped Broner without doubt was his reach, had Rees being a half inch taller it would be a more competitive fight, Broner gets hits a lot, Would like to see Gamboa vs Broner.
              The fight should not been stopped , I think Rees could have fought a little longer.
              Broner not in the same level as his master.
              Last edited by Cubanstyle; 02-17-2013, 12:19 AM.

Comment

curious to see if he can do that against people his own size

Comment

Borner cant fight like this in higher weight class he would get killed, hes still young, still room for improvement.

Comment

Loved seeing a no-hoper land big shots on Broner. The thing is here's a no-hoper and he's still landing punishing shots on an over rated thug. Funny.

Comment

Working...
                    X