No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward-Dawson Update; Lopez Inks For Victor Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward-Dawson Update; Lopez Inks For Victor Ortiz

Promoter Dan Goossen has advised BoxingScene.com that WBC super middleweight Andre Ward (25-0, 13KOs), and WBC light heavyweight king Chad Dawson (31-1, 17KOs), have agreed to terms for a fight on September 8th. Dawson would come down 168 to meet Ward for the WBC title.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wait... they're fighting for the WBC belt now too? I thought the number one and two were supposed to fight after Dirrell got out? Oh well, since their boy got injured, might as well put it on a money fight

Comment

WBC's crap. But Looking forward to this one, nonetheless. I'm from the Bay and definitely a Ward fan! I know it's far-fetched because of the Super 6 home fights, but C'Mon Oakland. If so, I'll be there!

Comment

Shouldnt Dawson title be on the line to? I mean they are going to user see the 175 pound limit and there are no rules saying you have to weight 169 pounds and up.

Comment

sugar ray leonard style huh? since ward is no sugar ray, he can't dictate EVERYTHING(why the fight location is not guaranteed to be in oakland) by not putting his title up, dawson will still be champ regardless of the outcome of this fight.

dawson can't draw in LA(him vs hopkins was under 3,000, he cant draw in atlantic city(hopkins was the draw) damn, he cant even draw in his OWN hometown, this should be smoking in oakland!

Comment

I like this Andre Ward vs Chad Dawson fight BUT I would rather see Andre Ward move up to fight Chad Dawson or have a catch weight to have all the titles in both weight classes.

Comment

Wack... I don't think Im interested in this fight at 168. Way to go Dawson, you offered to drain yourself. And way to go Ward taking advantage of the situation.

And no Lara for Ortiz huh? So much for that. Could've had Khan too.

Comment

Jsfd26....who knows bro dawson may be comfortable at a
                168...lets wait n see.....

Comment

I think Dawson will surprise everyone and beat Ward.

Comment

ward vs dawson is a good fight.

lmao @ ortiz vs lopez. what a shit fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X