Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hamed vs Marquez was once considered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nas gets more heat than any other boxer for a single loss ... He fought Barrera when he was past his prime and had serious hand problems ... he didn't even do his traditional flip over the ropes for that bout

Barrera and Morales ducked Nas for years and this has been well documented ... a prime Nas vs Barrera would look very different ... Nas had been visibly slipping for a while before the Barrera fight

Comment

Naseem fans are worse than Floyd and Pac fans

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
        Nas gets more heat than any other boxer for a single loss ... He fought Barrera when he was past his prime and had serious hand problems ... he didn't even do his traditional flip over the ropes for that bout

Barrera and Morales ducked Nas for years and this has been well documented ... a prime Nas vs Barrera would look very different ... Nas had been visibly slipping for a while before the Barrera fight
        The "trainer" that someone posted who said that Hamed avoided Marquez........ he should provide a link. The poster who showed the video which had the pictures of Barrera, Morales, Tapia and ....Marquez in which Larry merchant was reporting that they all avoided and refused to fight Hamed.

Tapia actually refused a purse of $1.5 mill by far hia largest purse ever. All the experts say that Hamed was the featherweight kingpin-until Barrera of course. but it's a documented fact that his trainer, with whom he had split, said that he wouldn't train, only turned up to the gym for 3 weeks before the fight, and had stopped taking boxing seriously for a few years, relying on his power.

There seems to have grown up around Marquez a kind of cult, which almost deifies him. These are fans who mostly repeat what other dimwits say, and who weren't around when he was in his real prime. The guy is a prizefighter who makes bad financial decisions. His close losses against Pacquiao are just that, facts. As was reported by a US boxing journalist WHO WAS THERE, the actual truth of his much wider loss to the under-rated (by the West) Chris John. This is fact also.
        Last edited by edgarg; 08-07-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I can't post links yet

But Marquez was definitely ducking Nas as well as Barrera ... and they were given offers for years ...

Prime Nas beats all of them - Marquez, Barrera, Morales etc.
          Last edited by TysonBomb; 08-07-2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            it's true, Naz barely cut any weight, Marquez Morales etc are all up at 140 now and they still cut weight to get to that. Back in their primes they could all cut a lot more weight, 15lbs isn;t a huge deal for them

People dont want to admit it but Naz was a midget, he probably could have been a featherweight easily enough
            Hamed is up at 200 now

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
              Yeah, C level competition. Vazquez and Soto were battle worn. Them ranking higher than Norwood and JMM didnt make them better competition. Even Antonio Cermeño was a better test for him.

It wasnt about respecting the power, it was about styles. MAB fought very intelligent against Hamed. Pac overwhelm him.
              Actually IT WAS about respecting Hamed's power. Say what you like about Hamed, but no one can deny that he had one punch KO power.

MAB fought the right fight to beat Hamed. If he fought the traditional Mexican style he knew he would run the risk of getting KO'd.

Im sure there was a quote from MAB somewhere of him admitting he had to fight a cautious fight to beat Hamed. Anyone care to remind me?

It's funny seeing the legend himself Barrera admit he had to be careful of Hamed's power and people sat behind their computers trying to downplay Hamed's power

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                You know how many C level comp hold titles? A lot. You are a fan boy that overate him. He step up in competition and he gets handle easy. But apparently at 28 he became lazy and not training hard. Yeah right. Step up in class and that is what happens. You know what Chavez did when he step up in class? He murk LaPorte, Rosario. Beat Ramirez, Mayweather, Taylor. That is what a great fighter do. They dont lack discipline.
                He was on his way down before the Barrera fight, it was only his power which saved him in a few fights before Barrera. It was well documented in England way before the Barrera fight that Hamed was losing his disicpline and love for Boxing, and many journalists predicted Hamed losing if he carried on the way he was going.

''He steps up in competition and gets handled easy''?

You make it sound as if Hamed stepped up against a decent fighter. He stepped up against a All Time Great, and lost. Is that so much of a disgrace in Boxing?

''But apperently at 28 he became lazy and not training hard''

Watch this and tell me Hamed was training as he should have been?

At the end of the day, these are not excuses for Hamed. The fact of the matter is he lost fair and square to Barrera. If he wasn't training right that's no one's fault but his own.

However, i just can't understand the hate he gets for losing to Barrera. Hate for not making a noteable comeback after MAB? Hell yeah i can understand that. But hate for losing to a ALL TIME GREAT in Marco Antonio Barrera? Seriously?

He lost. This is Boxing. It happens.

Comment

any version of JMM>than any version of Hamed. The difference is skill is immense!

Comment

Sorry I worded it rather badly, I just caught a glance of the post, and meant it for the person who posted that Hamed's trainer said Hamed was avoiding him. I've altered it, and as you've read, Barrera, Morales, Tapia and Marquez avoided him. That's what Larry Merchant says, and he's usually very accurate with his reported statements.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                      I can't post links yet

But Marquez was definitely ducking Nas as well as Barrera ... and they were given offers for years ...

Prime Nas beats all of them - Marquez, Barrera, Morales etc.
                      All the experts say he was the dominant force in the featherweights. In fact I've seen written that he was on the top in the most domineering reign for 7 years. I looked it up it was actually 6 years. He also defended 15 times, nearly all were KO. He also defended his WBC International title 6 times in the couple of years before this and an obvious coming world champion as soon as he could get fight for the title. Around this time he had the most amazing record of 28K0's against 2 points win. He was slaughtering everybody. He felt he was too good. I'd see him in a studio interview insufferably conceited and kissing his biceps as if he adored them. Sickening actually, but that was Hamed's schtik. Made him a large fortune. He began losing interest before the McCullough fight, which was the 3rd decision he allowed. McCullough had a cast iron chin in that fight as you may recall. He played with him, and that's the way he did it to the end of his career. It was very obvious, he said several times that he couldn't keep fighting, his hands were crumbling. He showed us one after a fight, a gruesome sight.

These guys talking, just don't know anything about him. The excitement at his fights was enormous. It was Hamed who really made smaller fighters popular with fans and enabled them to get big, huge purses. He was the first, and led the way. Never got any credit for it though. Whilst Hamed was earning millions for a fight in a packed house. I've read he still has about 25 milion pounds left. Good for him.

At that time, 4 year Champion Mayweather was boxing in 3000 seat halls with 2/3rds the seats empty. Arum lost fortunes on building up Mayweather, and just when he was about to regain some of it, Mayweather jumped ship. Typical.
                      Last edited by edgarg; 08-07-2012, 08:56 PM. Reason: computer glitch

Comment

Working...
                      X