Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Sweet Pea" Pernell Whitaker Calls Pacquiao The Best Boxer Today (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet Pea sounds just like the crackhead Bubbles from the wire.

Comment

real.........................recognize real........................LOL

Comment

Good ****.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
          Whitaker is the man. I thought he won the fight against Oscar as well.
          I had Whitaker winning that bout too, by one round.

Comment

Did I miss something?

How does "I like Pacquiao best out of all of em" = Pernell Whitaker Calls Pacquiao The Best Boxer Today? He wasn't talking about their skill, he was talking about who he liked. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
              Did I miss something?

How does "I like Pacquiao best out of all of em" = Pernell Whitaker Calls Pacquiao The Best Boxer Today? He wasn't talking about their skill, he was talking about who he liked. BIG DIFFERENCE!
              Well I think it's ambiguous and open to interpretation. The question asked is "What do you think of those guys as fighters?" to which Whitaker replies "I like Pacquiao the best out of all em, personally, myself. He's more consistent as a fighter, getting in the ring, competing. He's the one that stands out." Could be interpreted in a few different ways:

1. Whitaker likes Pacquiao the best in terms of entertainment value.
              2. Whitaker likes Pacquiao the best in terms of overall skill, consistency, resume and other factors.

From the very few statements he makes on the issue I think Whitaker doesn't clearly define which of the two interpretations is the valid one, or indeed if both apply. It's indeterminable I guess, unless he gets pressed further on the issue in a future interview? It'd be interesting to get clarification on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
                Well I think it's ambiguous and open to interpretation. The question asked is "What do you think of those guys as fighters?" to which Whitaker replies "I like Pacquiao the best out of all em, personally, myself. He's more consistent as a fighter, getting in the ring, competing. He's the one that stands out." Could be interpreted in a few different ways:

1. Whitaker likes Pacquiao the best in terms of entertainment value.
                2. Whitaker likes Pacquiao the best in terms of overall skill, consistency, resume and other factors.

From the very few statements he makes on the issue I think Whitaker doesn't clearly define which of the two interpretations is the valid one, or indeed if both apply. It's indeterminable I guess, unless he gets pressed further on the issue in a future interview? It'd be interesting to get clarification on that one.
                IMO if Whitaker thought Floyd was more skilled and the better boxer he would have mentioned that.
                You ask any boxing fan the same question and they would tell you who they thought was the best fighter.

Comment

Of course pernell thinks pacs the best fighter. He fights everyone and beats them badly which is just about as much as you can do as a boxer.

He has fought all the names and all there is to fight, unlike one particular boxer i can think of.

Comment

lmaoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 another jealousy reason fro *****s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Whitaker's ability to recognize greatness is equal to his ability to box I see.

Comment

Working...
                      X