• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
    Let me guess:

1. Nonito Donaire vs Fernando Montiel II

2. Nonito Donaire vs Jorge Arce II

3. Nonito Donaire vs Vic Darchinyan III

I can't wait..
    Nah it was already announced before that they're looking at setting up donaire vs the IBF featherweight champ at the start of 2014...and I bet donaire will try and unify like he he did at 122.. maybe with Chris John's WBA super title or Gonzalez's WBC if that's possible...I think arum plans on matching lomachenko with rigo assuming lomachenko beats Salido

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
      Where have you been? This forum hates David haye and you can't blame them. Rios also gets alot of hate around here. And you call a shot to pieces Arce good competition? That fight was shoved down people's throats to try and make him look good
      No, I'm not calling a shot to pieces Arce good comp.

1) Arce wasn't shot to pieces. He was riding a 6 fight winning streak that included one of his career best wins. You can argue that Donaire vs Arce was a style mismatch and a kind of pointless Donaire showcase fight, but saying Arce was shot is ridiculous.

2) Even if he was shot (which he wasn't), Donaire still has a bunch of pretty good wins. He beat 10 former/current/future world titlists, two of whom (Darch and Montiel) were the consensus #1 at the weight. Were all those guys cherry picked and taylor made for Donaire?

Comment

Yeah feed Nonito some cream puffs to restore his rep since Rigo schooled Nonito the hyped up kid. They only legit threat I've seen him fight in the past 4 years was that crazy ass Vic D. Other then that everyone else was cherrypicked like his hero Pac (what's his name)...

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
          No, I'm not calling a shot to pieces Arce good comp.

1) Arce wasn't shot to pieces. He was riding a 6 fight winning streak that included one of his career best wins. You can argue that Donaire vs Arce was a style mismatch and a kind of pointless Donaire showcase fight, but saying Arce was shot is ridiculous.

2) Even if he was shot (which he wasn't), Donaire still has a bunch of pretty good wins. He beat 10 former/current/future world titlists, two of whom (Darch and Montiel) were the consensus #1 at the weight. Were all those guys cherry picked and taylor made for Donaire?
          You're delusional, pal. Arce was getting sparked out by that young rican fighter and basically quit because he knew he had a payday lined up vs Donaire. It was a bull**** fight that was set up to make Donaire look good.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
            Nah it was already announced before that they're looking at setting up donaire vs the IBF featherweight champ at the start of 2014...and I bet donaire will try and unify like he he did at 122.. maybe with Chris John's WBA super title or Gonzalez's WBC if that's possible...I think arum plans on matching lomachenko with rigo assuming lomachenko beats Salido
            I liked that one with Chris John -- he's "the phantom in the Opera house"...

Rigo doesn't leave the jr. featherweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              You're delusional, pal. Arce was getting sparked out by that young rican fighter and basically quit because he knew he had a payday lined up vs Donaire. It was a bull**** fight that was set up to make Donaire look good.
              Ok, let's just agree to disagree on the Arce fight. It's completely beside the point. What I'm trying to say is that shot Arce or not, Donaire has a very respectable resume, but in a lot of people's eyes the loss to Rigo seems to have erased it all.

And did you read the forum comments back when Donaire was trying to leave TR for GBP? People were calling him a traitor for wanting to leave that greedy old scumbag Arum, completely different from what they were saying when Gamboa did the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                One of them better be a Rigo rematch, because the forum cretins won't leave him alone until he avenges that loss or at least attempts it.

Btw the inexplicable hate for Donaire dates back well before the Rigo loss. I think it started when he tried to leave TR and sign with GBP. I really don't know what caused it. Maybe the Pac fanboys got mad at him because he was unwilling to play second fiddle to their idol? That's the only explanation I can think of.
                I don't understand why people may "hate" a fighter. One may dislike a fighter for dirty boxing or for being disrespectful to the sport (for instance I dislike Chavez Jr. for his attitude regarding the sport) .
                Donaire is OK...

Comment

SMH all the Donaire haters at it again give the guy a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
                    Let me guess:

1. Nonito Donaire vs Fernando Montiel II

2. Nonito Donaire vs Jorge Arce II

3. Nonito Donaire vs Vic Darchinyan III

I can't wait..
                    This here....^^^^^^

Comment

Donaire/Lomachenko is probably TR's goal. After he starches Vic, he could fight Walters in early 2013, then Chris John(?) while Lomachenko fights Salido and Gradyovich. They could meet at the end of 2014.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 10-14-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X