Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Unpopular Opinion thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis and Judah ones might be unpopular, but I doubt the rest of those are. With the scoring, people go for the harder punches because part of the criteria is "effective aggression", which can be interpreted as bigger punches.

Comment

• RJJ may be the most naturally gifted boxer ever.

A lot of the old time guys wouldnt beat many of the modern era guys. Sport has evolved. The freak talents would be ok, but typically guys of similar skill, the bigger force will win.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Jamie Moore should have won a world title

Marquez vs Barrera is a better fight than Morales vs MAB and Pac

Roy Jones could have had sustained success at HW (Not against LL)

Joan Guzman could have gave Manny Pac a beating
        Roy was lucky he picked on Ruiz instead of Lewis, it could've ended his dreams early.

Comment

• I got a big one here:

when it comes to ***** moves, Floyd Mayweather Jr. has got nothing on Ray Leonard. Nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute
            I got a big one here:

when it comes to ***** moves, Floyd Mayweather Jr. has got nothing on Ray Leonard. Nothing.
            I would say neither have anything on robinson in that regard

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
              Roy was lucky he picked on Ruiz instead of Lewis, it could've ended his dreams early.
              Yeah id agree there, that one was only ever going to go one way if it happened! I think he could have had a better HW career than say a David Haye though if he had chose to

Comment

• Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                I would say neither have anything on robinson in that regard

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Yes and no. Meaning, I agree with you that Robinson pulled many stunts, but he fought so often that (most) fights eventually happened. And in multiple series (so rematches also happened and happened timely). Plus I don't recall reading about him negotiating many catch weights or specific in-fight conditions (but this might just be my ignorance).

Comment

• Blasphemy against "Sacred Cows"

The fighters listed below are revered by many, but - for mostly intangible reasons - haved failed to impress me:
                  • Lennox Lewis
                  • Floyd Mayweather
                  • Pernell Whitaker
                  • Vitali Klitschko
                  • Wladimir Klitschko
                  • Ezzard Charles
                  • Wilfred Benitez
                  • Winky Wright
                  • Andre Ward
                  Disclaimer: I freely admit that failure to admire any of the above could be a character flaw of mine, but one I can easily live with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
                    The fighters listed below are revered by many, but - for mostly intangible reasons - haved failed to impress me:
                    • Lennox Lewis
                    • Floyd Mayweather
                    • Pernell Whitaker
                    • Vitali Klitschko
                    • Wladimir Klitschko
                    • Ezzard Charles
                    • Wilfred Benitez
                    • Winky Wright
                    • Andre Ward
                    Disclaimer: I freely admit that failure to admire any of the above could be a character flaw of mine, but one I can easily live with.
                    that's mental.

ward, whitaker, charles and mayweather stick out the most from that crazy list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
                      • Lennox Lewis
                      • Floyd Mayweather
                      • Pernell Whitaker
                      • Vitali Klitschko
                      • Wladimir Klitschko
                      • Ezzard Charles
                      • Wilfred Benitez
                      • Winky Wright
                      • Andre Ward

Just to make sure I don't misunderstand, is this a list of fighters you don't like to watch, or that you don't think are really all that good? I could certainly understand the first choice more than the second.

Comment

Working...
                      X