Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better version of Cotto: Manny version or May version?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better version of Cotto: Manny version or May version?

Cotto was closer to his physical peak when he fought Manny.

The Cotto who will be fighting Mayweather focuses more on boxing smartly.

I think the Cotto who will be fighting Mayweather has the edge though, because it's gonna be at 154 and not 145. The jump to 154 is unnatural for May and Pac whereas Cotto grew into it, and probably was drained for the Pac fight.
    Manny version
    38.06%
    Floyd version
    46.96%
    Even
    14.98%

I'd say the pac version.

Yes I know floyd is fighting cotto at 154 but I never felt cotto had any business at 154 and only moved up cuz he had no one left to fight at 147 after losing to manny and the Foreman oppurtinity was too good to pass on (to win another title).

I don't think size is a factor at all with PBF vs Cotto since in my mind Cotto is welterweight fighting at JMW.

Comment

Even imo.

They were both after the Margarito 1 fight where Cotto was really damaged.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 02-01-2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

The Antonio Margarito version from the first fight.

Comment

About the same, I think Cotto being in a better place mentally offsets any physical decline which should be minimal. Also his new trainer doesn't seem to be a joker like the dude that "trained" him to fight Manny so that doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Cotto will basically training himself for the Pac fight.

Cotto now has a legit trainer IMO and he's seems to have his confidence back.

Comment

came into the Manny fight 2-1 in his last 3....one of those was a life and death with Clottey that many felt he lost...3-0 coming into the Floyd fight with ALL 3 wins by stoppage....confidence wise, he just murked the ghost that has haunted him for 3 years.....so he's in a good place as far the mental part goes imo....a better place than he was against Manny imo

Comment

This is an awkerward question for me.

The Cotto that fought Manny would be a better version to win over floyd than the one now given that he was at a confortable wieght (147-150). Even though cotto might not have been that intelligent in the ring as he is now, that new cotto i think would work more at a disadvantage due to the fact he'll prob try and use his intelligence too much to fight Mayweather. Honestly since when did intelligence beat Mayweather? (I think most people would disagree with me) He needs to apply consistent pressure, more jabs and follow a simple plan.

Whereas the cotto now would be a better version in favor of beating manny due to more ring intelligence and keeping a bit of distance etc.

Ultimately the timing is great for both of them.

Comment

the cotto that margo beat is better than the cotto that pacman beat and the cotto that floyd is going to fight is worse than the cotto we've seen...

having said that, this is a legit fight, and i dont think floyd can beat cotto easily, i got cotto winning atleast 4 rounds in a 12 round fight..

Comment

doesnt matter, both were compromised by antonio margarito. id say pacs version tho because pac layed a brutal whipping on cotto himself and floyd is fighting him after both those guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X