No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Oscar did. Just about the same time Tyson's popularity was dying down, Oscar's exploded.
    And the thing with oscar was everyone knew about him from the amateurs already so it wasn't like he came out of nowhere, like Mayweather and pacquiao did.

It's going to be a lot more slim pickens once Floyd and Pac retire, no big amateur star on the horizon like there was with Oscar when tyson was dying off.

I'm counting on Tim to go ham during Pac 24/7 and make himself the next superstar haha

Comment

• He's what's wrong with boxing. He's a loud mouth moron who hits women and is heading to jail.

Comment

• And Floyd fans have the nerve to say Pacquiao fans aren't boxing fans. Here's certifiable proof that Floyd fans are just that: Floyd fans. Not fans of the sport, but groupies of the athlete.

Comment

• i don't even get this thread. floyd retired and fans stopped watching boxing? sounds really stupid. especially when floyd's fights before retiring were not actually fights you would want to see for the second time. his fight against hoya and hatton made george foreman puke. he's not even the fighter you would want to invite your casual friends to see. he's too defensive and boring.

most of my friends and i were okay when he disappeared from the scene. pac came along and rocked the whole world with his electrifying style.

nahh.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
            Dude. You sound ridiculous. Like a child.

This thread sucks. Like a child thread.

This coming from a guy who dedicated his name and display pic to an episode of South Park

Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house my young apprentice.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              And Floyd fans have the nerve to say Pacquiao fans aren't boxing fans. Here's certifiable proof that Floyd fans are just that: Floyd fans. Not fans of the sport, but groupies of the athlete.
              Put your money where your mouth is and start a thread in boxing history. We can go point for point on a random subject of another posters choosing and we'll see which one of us knows more about the sport.

Mayweather is one of the greatest fighters of all time. The fact that it suprises you that there's people out there who ackowledge that fact says more about you then it does about his fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. President View Post
                Put your money where your mouth is and start a thread in boxing history. We can go point for point on a random subject of another posters choosing and we'll see which one of us knows more about the sport.

Mayweather is one of the greatest fighters of all time. The fact that it suprises you that there's people out there who ackowledge that fact says more about you then it does about his fanbase.
                i bet this dude would shoot himself when floyd is gone

dont be mad bro thats just i see it
                lmaoo.....

Comment

• Floyd has brought some attention to the sport, most of it not good in recent years, and I'm sure there are a generation that can say that the first fight they watched was a floyd fight. They probably, if they were smart and not turned off by the circus like fiasco and posing of Floyd, discovered that this is a great sport with a rich history and far, far better fighters and fights than the ones Floyd is involded in to watch.

This thread was started by a bumsniff who really needs to calm his gushing enthusiasm as it borders on the ****erotic.

Comment

• A man that fights twice a year is keeping the sport of boxing alive?
                    I find it hard to believe that as a boxing fan, you could only follow 1 fighter.
                    That's why I don't get pac tards and flo mos.

Comment

• Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
                      A man that fights twice a year is keeping the sport of boxing alive?
                      I find it hard to believe that as a boxing fan, you could only follow 1 fighter.
                      That's why I don't get pac tards and flo mos.
                      Totally agree with this post, and I actually think that Floyd has more of a negative effect on the sport tbh. Older fans of the sport dont really take to the guy because if you watched in the eighties or nineties fighters actually used to fight their biggest rivals.

Comment

Working...
                      X