No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Not Surprised That Bradley Defeated Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Not Surprised That Bradley Defeated Marquez

Manny Pacquiao wasn’t surprised when he found out Timothy Bradley out-boxed Juan Manuel Marquez on Oct. 12 in Las Vegas.

“I didn’t watch the fight with Marquez and Bradley, but I heard what happened,” Pacquiao said on a conference call Thursday from his training camp in the Philippines. “I already predicted that Bradley would win the fight, so I’m not surprised with what happened.”

Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38 KOs) also said he hasn’t given much thought to whether he would want a fifth fight against Marquez or a rematch against Bradley after boxing Brandon Rios (31-1-1, 23 KOs) in an HBO Pay-Per-View main event Nov. 23 in Macau, China. Marquez knocked Pacquiao unconscious in the sixth round of their Dec. 8 bout in Las Vegas, but Bradley (31-0, 12 KOs, 1 NC) owns a very controversial split-decision win over Pacquiao and is more marketable after overcoming Mexico’s Marquez (55-7-1, 40 KOs) by split decision in their 12-round fight for Bradley’s WBO welterweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good Luck Pac Monster!

Comment

I could be dead wrong right now, I believe Pacquiao wins this fight(Rios) via K.O/T.K.O well before the 7th round. Pacquiao's a great fighter,but they always say the same thing in training camp lol we know you're not over looking you're opponent okay.

Anyways Pacquiao beats Rios, then IMO he beats Bradley, I know I'm reaching now and this could be a long shot,but hear me out, Pacquiao entices/gets a Mayweather fight

The situation between Marquez/Bradley needs to be figured out first. Cool he picked Bradley to win, almost every fight there has to be a Winner/Loser

Comment

Originally posted by SlickRikki View Post
        I could be dead wrong right now, I believe Pacquiao wins this fight(Rios) via K.O/T.K.O well before the 7th round. Pacquiao's a great fighter,but they always say the same thing in training camp lol we know you're not over looking you're opponent okay.

Anyways Pacquiao beats Rios, then IMO he beats Bradley, I know I'm reaching now and this could be a long shot,but hear me out, Pacquiao entices/gets a Mayweather fight

The situation between Marquez/Bradley needs to be figured out first. Cool he picked Bradley to win, almost every fight there has to be a Winner/Loser

Floyd will never fight Pacman! Pacman kept beating on guys so stop with this Pac needs to beat this many guys to entice Floyd, if Floyd wanted the fight he would have made the fight already.

Comment

I'm not sure about pacman anymore. Boxing isn't a part time job. You can't be the same if your main focus is something else...

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish View Post
            I'm not sure about pacman anymore. Boxing isn't a part time job. You can't be the same if your main focus is something else...
            Also cant be the same after going shleep in the ring for 5 mins..

Jim Lampley: DOWN GOES PACQUIAO

Mandem in the hood: Why he shleep doe???

Comment

People need to cut out the whole he can't be the same after being knocked out like that..he ain't the first boxer to be put to sleep and he won't be the last...in fact i'll say his overall damage from the Marquez fight was considerably less than the damage Bradley took at the hands of Ruslan. What I am concerned about is his confidence, I think the biggest factor that dictates his future success is all around confidence, if he gets gunshy he might as well retire.

Comment

Top Rank is all over the place with their current welterweight roster. In a perfect Bob world, the next step would be Pac-JMM IV in China and Bradley-Provodnikov II around the same time, and then match the winners. Problem is, JMM doesn't wanna fight Pac again and Bradley isn't going to China. And JMM seems more interested in a Bradley rematch anyway. Which would probably leave Provodnikov as Pac's best option. And it seems like that's the one Arum wants to push. But I have a hard time seeing Freddie Roach signing off on the best two fighters in his stable facing off. So Arum is gonna have to get real creative or overpay some folks to get the match-ups he wants.

Comment

Pacquiao knows both of these guys (especially Marquez, obviously) well and I would have like to have heard his prediction before the fight not after.

However, I agree with him. I thought Bradley would win unless Marquez landed one of his dangerous counters and knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    People need to cut out the whole he can't be the same after being knocked out like that..he ain't the first boxer to be put to sleep and he won't be the last...in fact i'll say his overall damage from the Marquez fight was considerably less than the damage Bradley took at the hands of Ruslan. What I am concerned about is his confidence, I think the biggest factor that dictates his future success is all around confidence, if he gets gunshy he might as well retire.
                    you do understand that when you get knocked unconscience.the oxygen is cut off from your brain? pacquiao has some dead cells now other than the ones we get as we age. bradley took a beating in the provod fight and sustain some hard shots in the marquez fight. he looked fine to me. but we will see how pacquiao responds to a direct chin shot. then we'll no whose damaged goods.

Comment

Working...
                    X