Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Pacquiao-Rios, Floyd vs. Canelo in Talks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Pacquiao-Rios, Floyd vs. Canelo in Talks

By Robert Morales - Manny Pacquiao has accomplished a lot during a career that began in 1995. In turn, he's done a lot for boxing because he became a pay-per-view star who drew worldwide attention.

With the announcement this week of his Nov. 23 fight against former lightweight champion Brandon Rios in Macau, China (on HBO pay-per-view), we realize that one more knockout loss anywhere like the one Pacquiao suffered in the sixth round at the hands - or devastating right hand - of Juan Manuel Marquez last December, and it could soon be adios to the future Hall of Fame selection.

We put the question to Bob Arum, Pacquiao's longtime promoter: If Pacquaio gets his clock cleaned again, would he be of the mind Pacquiao should hang up his gloves?

"I'm not of any mind," Arum said to BoxingScene.com. "In other words, my feeling is that's up to the fighter and his team when it's time to hang 'em up, or when it's time to go on. And that's a decision Manny will make, when the time comes."

Arum said he has four more fights on his contract with Pacquiao. He said if Pacquiao had his way, one of those would already have taken place. And that would have been too soon after such a knockout loss, where Marquez sent Pacquiao face-first and unconscious to the canvas.

"Yeah, I think it would have been wrong to rush him back into action in April," Arum said, "which he was looking to do because then he'd have to devote his time to politics, which thank God are over Monday. But I just resisted that. I just thought that was an incredibly bad thing to do." [Click Here To Read More]

Floyd is ducking the Mosley rematch

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Floyd is ducking the Mosley rematch
      lololololol

Comment

If anybody responds to the first post, your account should be taken away lmao

Comment

Manny's last 4 fights with Arum will be this.....

Rios
          Marquez/Bradley winner
          Marquez/Bradley loser
          Alvarado

Than he'll be free from Arum after the Spring 2015, and Floyd will have one more fight left on his contract at that point, they'll fight Fall 2015. You heard it here first.

Comment

If floyd/canelo happens on sept 14th, arum will move bradley/marquez

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
              If floyd/canelo happens on sept 14th, arum will move bradley/marquez
              If floyd fights a homeless man on sept 14th, he'll move the fight. He said before it doesn't matter who he's fighting, as long as floyd fights it's moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                If floyd fights a homeless man on sept 14th, he'll move the fight. He said before it doesn't matter who he's fighting, as long as floyd fights it's moving.
                so what date will it be move too?

Comment

Schaefer said he has already begun early negotiations for a Mayweather-Saul "Canelo" Alvarez fight for that night. (i.e. Sept. 14)
                  "I've started having conversations and I'm planning on probably getting together some time later this week with Al Haymon (Mayweather's adviser) and talk to Canelo as well, and see if it can get done," Schaefer said.

Does this means that Floyd would take the Canelo fight? So it seems...
                  In my opinion it's too early for Alvarez for such a fight -- as Canelo showed the tendency to lower his hands in the late rounds, during the Trout fight... But the opportunity for Canelo to establish himself as a PPV star (on behalf of Mayweather's present status) would make him eventually accept Floyd's terms, even if these would lead to Canelo's first loss...

Comment

nevermind i see it says oct 12th

Comment

Working...
                    X