No announcement yet.

Christmas Cheer & Fight Memories

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Cheer & Fight Memories

It’s the holiday season, and as my humble gift to you, I’d like to share a few of my most fond boxing memories in nearly 30 years of following the fights and being on the road. In no particular order, here are some of the most memorable evenings the sweet science has blessed me with over the years.

Micky Ward vs. Arturo Gatti I, Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, Connecticut, May 18, 2002 - My wife Rebecca and I attended this fight at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. We drove down from Maine that morning and even though it was May we still had to endure some snow showers and slippery roads in Massachusetts. We ended up sitting in front of a Boston guy that had attended Hagler vs. Hearns in Las Vegas and he was with his father and son. To the left of me were some Micky Ward fans from his hometown of Lowell, Mass. To the right of me were some very inebriated New York City guys and one of them happened to be from Ireland. So, you can guess whom he was rooting for. They were all drunk as skunks and were rooting for Irish Micky Ward - as were we. The fight was a masterpiece and we yelled ourselves hoarse. We were jumping up and down, grabbing the arms of complete strangers and at the end some of were hugging each other. What a fight and what a night! [details]

STFU PUMP.......you just want to see badbvlood in a tank top with a Ice cream cone in his hand and some Pancakes on the stove.........

Comment

Oh yeah and Merry X-Mas to you too.....Doo.

Comment

where do you get these stories?....a good read.....

Comment

Working...
        X