Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History Section: If David Haye Does Retire How Do You Rate His Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perfect Plex View Post
    He is due to retire in a few weeks time and while nothing is certain, lets say he does.

How do you rate his legacies & acievements? ATG Puncher? ATG Cruiserweight? Etc?

Achievements
    World Silver Medalalist Amatuer World Championships 2001
    -WBC,WBA,WBO Cruiserweight Champion.(Lineal Champion)
    -WBA Heavyweight Champion

Notable Wins
    Giacobbe Fragomeni, Jean Marc Mormeck, Enzo Maccarinelli, Nikolay Valuev John Ruiz.
    He's one of the more accomplished cruisers, for what that's worth. Everyone doesn't have a 'legacy' and the word is sort of ridiculous in the way its used in sport theses days. Most fighters, and athletes, are forgotten as time goes on outside of hardcore circles. Only a relative handful leave a legacy that anyone really discusses.

As of today, Haye is highly unlikely to be one.

Comment

no one will remember him at all

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Plex View Post
        What do you mean. Dosent every champion have to rate somewere?

Am no big Haye fan. But he was lineal Cruiserweight Champion & WBA Heavyweight Champion which is no easy feat.
        No not every champ has to rate.

im not getting into this but haye is trash and will always be trash

Comment

Haye should get a bit more respect as a fighter especially in this section. The guy is like 210 pounds. He's the same size as most of the old legendary heavyweights, and he's one of the top guys in todays era, supposedly the 'new breed of giant heavyweights'.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou
            He's a top 5, perhaps top 4 heavyweight. He would have struggled against Ali, Louis and Marciano I think, but he's better than Johnson, Tunney and Depsey, and light years ahead of guys like Lewis, Holyfield, Charles, Frazier, Foreman, etc.

At cruiserweight, he's not even top 100. Because unlike the historically weak heavyweight divsion, cruiserweight is STACKED, and Haye simply can't compete with the remarkable talents of Johnny Nelson, Danny Green, Wayne Braithwaite, Enzo Maccarinelli and about a thousand other great champions.

So who is going to take the bait?

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou
              He's a top 5, perhaps top 4 heavyweight. He would have struggled against Ali, Louis and Marciano I think, but he's better than Johnson, Tunney and Depsey, and light years ahead of guys like Lewis, Holyfield, Charles, Frazier, Foreman, etc.

At cruiserweight, he's not even top 100. Because unlike the historically weak heavyweight divsion, cruiserweight is STACKED, and Haye simply can't compete with the remarkable talents of Johnny Nelson, Danny Green, Wayne Braithwaite, Enzo Maccarinelli and about a thousand other great champions.

Top 5 at heavyweight? Not even top five from the Uk as I see it, and I was a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Growth View Post
                Top 5 at heavyweight? Not even top five from the Uk as I see it, and I was a fan.
                Hook Line and Sinker!

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
                  to be honest he doesn't rate at all
                  I agree, **** david. In the 2,000 plus years we've been punching each other in the face we've gathered a massive amount of name worth remembering. Haye is not one....**** david haye.

Comment

David Haye's technique has looked worse and worse most likley due to a lack of activity. Against Wlad he couldnt double or triple up on the jab his footwork was a mess dreadfull work rate. he has natural talent but needs a much better trainer and better conditioning.

Comment

There are plenty of 190lb's i would pick over Haye.

Comment

Working...
                      X