No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Mayweather Pounds Away on Catch Weight Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Mayweather Pounds Away on Catch Weight Claims

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Let’s be honest, folks. When it comes down to it, only a few people really know the truth.

Leonard Ellerbe knows the truth. Chepo Reynoso knows the truth. And perhaps a few other select people on either side of the issue know it as well.

But at this point, don’t expect that to matter all that much.

Now that we’re less than two weeks away from Floyd Mayweather and Canelo Alvarez meeting in Las Vegas, the respective sides are so skilled at reciting their own mantras that it’d be hard to get them to recall what really happened to lead to a 152-pound catch weight being agreed upon in the first place.

Still, even the most die-hard Canelo fan would have to admit that if Ellerbe is lying about what Team Mayweather contends to be the real chain of events – he’s gotten pretty damned good at it.

In fact, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions looked straight into the camera throughout his stint on Showtime’s second All Access episode and skipped nary a beat as he recalled what he contends is reality. [Click Here To Read More]

Blah blah blah. The fights still at a catch weight. Just own up to it, and stop treating us like we're dumb.

Comment

I honestly don't care what he says. First a Catchweight is for losers who need help to win, now it's about the skills

Comment

What a bull**** artist this guy is. Here's Floyd saying he wants to defend his 154 belt after Guerrero. He says he's stripped, not the case.

http://www.fight news.com/Boxing/may...ba-belt-189414

“I wanted to defend my WBA title after this fight, but I guess I’m no longer the WBA champ,” said Floyd

Comment

whatever,it still a catchweight,he's even saying canelo is at a disadvantage,what happened to Floyd wanting his opponents to be "comfortable"..lol,he can talk all he wants,bottom line is he's fighting at a catchweight,like manny

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
            whatever,it still a catchweight,he's even saying canelo is at a disadvantage,what happened to Floyd wanting his opponents to be "comfortable"..lol,he can talk all he wants,bottom line is he's fighting at a catchweight,like manny
            real talk...Floyds team a bunch of clowns.

Comment

At the end of the day, Mayweather is still fighting Canelo at a catchweight. History will show Mayweather as a hypocrite for giving other fighters cr@p for for doing the same. I love how Money's team tries to hold other people to their word and use it against them but I don't hear Canelo saying such stupid things like, "Mayweather said he doesn't consider Cotto's lost to Pacquiao legit because of the catchweight so if I lose to him, I'll still be undefeated because Mayweather said so!"

Comment

Floyd wanted it at 147. Ellerbe finds an old outdated article to use against team Canelo to validate the fight being at a catchweight. Only true flomos would buy this bull****

Comment

I cant believe this "debate" is still going on. Floyd wanted the catchweight. If he didnt care or wanted the fight at 154, it would be 154. Simple

Comment

Crybabies in 5...4...3...2....1....oh, they're already here.

You don't like it? Don't watch the fight. Read a book, go to work, go to school, have a cup of shut the **** up.

Crying on the interwebs is a waste of time.

So, are you going to watch the fight?
                    Last edited by Main Source; 09-03-2013, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X