Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton: I Proved My Chin, I Want a World Title!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't see why they can't do it now. Quigg already has an interim strap.

It most likely won't be a one-off if they fight either.

Comment

I had the fight pretty even yesterday and thought until that bingo punch that Martinez was headed for a late stoppage win. Frampton looked all over the place at times.

I dont know how he managed to KO Martinez, he and his corner looked visibly relieved at the end, as he was being exposed round after round. He was doing so much running he should have brought his cross country trainers.

Martinez won his rounds big, whilst Framptons combinations missed by a mile most of the time and of course, all were cheered by the drunk Irish crowd.

Quigg would dismantle Frampton on that showing. But as we all know, to get any kind of decision in Belfast is going to be impossible for Quigg.

Quigg will KO Frampton with a body shot if they ever meet, Frampton showed a lot of weakness in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by southpoor View Post
        I dont know how he managed to KO Martinez,
        It may have been something to do with that punch that landed on Kiko's chin.

Comment

Great fight! Frampton definitely struggled and took some huge shots backing straight out, but i thought he boxed well overall. A little less running and better defence will need to be addressed if he really wants to be a legit world champion and definitively win rounds. Great clash of styles though, need to see more competitive fights like this. Im sick of watching "champs" fight bums for title defences.....cough mayweather....cough

Comment

He certainly did. He proved he can take a punch.

Martinez landed some clean, solid, hard shots and he was never buzzed once.

I think his defense is a problem. He's still learning and growing he's only had 16 fights but he definitely has area's he needs to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
              Your out of your damn mind.

Quigg is the only one who wants the fight, and has fought much better opposition to boot.
              Originally posted by right hand jab View Post
              Quigg has ko'd the man who beat Martinez twice and fought for a World title against one of the better fighters in the division. How is facing a higher caliber of opposition, "ducking" someone?
              Jason booth, Jamie Arthur and a done munroe ok, Quigg would follow the same path of resistant that Rick Hatton is promoter followed, along the way his opponents would be sold as having a chance against him but if fact nope, most of his opponents are either former contenders that are finished or have nothing left and aren't a threat but still have a name, that's the way Hatton follow his career and that's how Quigg would follow his own career, the fight should have happen more than 2 years ago but Quigg and Hatton have made excuses after excuses, So am glad Carl is focusing on targeting a world title instead of targeting his main domestic rival again because we all know Quigg like his promoter would duck Carl again.

Comment

Carl Frampton proved that he is world class but the problem is the champions of his weight class are elite fighters Donaire,Rigo and Mares.
                In any other weight class he would be a world champion but I feel he needs more fights if hes going in against those 3 champions

Comment

Does Quigg count?
                  I don't remember if Interim counts in some people's mind

Comment

Working...
                  X