No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Eyes April Return, Prefers Training in Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev Eyes April Return, Prefers Training in Russia

Undefeated light heavyweight contender Sergey Kovalev (20-0-1, 18 KOs) came to the U.S. in 2009 and 3 months later he got a professional boxing license. Initially the hard-hitting Russian had been preparing for his fights in the gym in his hometown Chelyabinsk, Russia, but in 2010 he decided to stay in Las Vegas. Several months later, Kovalev moved to Big Bear in California and then he went to Fort Lauderade, where he trains to date. Checking Russia against the United States Kovalev is convinced that there are better training conditions in his native country.

[Click Here To Read More]

Glad to see Kovalev fight 4 more times this year. Dude is a beast. He beats anyone in the LHW division at the moment. He is/ gonna be the guy to beat in this division, IMO.

Comment

Hopefully the other top ten light heavyweights won't avoid him.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Hopefully the other top ten light heavyweights won't avoid him.
        They will all avoid him like the plague. What has boxing come to where guys like this can't even get top fights because they're too good/dangerous. Silly if you think about it.

Obviously I'm getting ahead of myself.... But do you really see Hopkins, Cloud, Dawson, Beibut or Cleverly taking a fight with Kovalev?! He's going to have to do it the hard way and force a fight by being a mandatory for one of the sanctioning bodies...IMO, which should be very close to happening. Lets hope so. He has really, really scary power (R.I.P Simakov)

Sergey's here to stay

Comment

Working...
        X