Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Miguel Cotto Fought The Wrong Kind of Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout's style was the problem, not the physical difference.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
      When they signed this fight I really had no clue as to why they did it. It was pointless to me at least. Cotto fans were saying that Cotto was such a brave warrior fighting a younger undefeated fighter. In my head I was thinking this is a lose lose situation for Cotto. Even after his loss to Mayweather he was still looked at as a good opponent because of how he handled Floyd. He could have took a huge payday fighting Canelo, Pacquiao, or even Martinez.
      Cotto is as dumb as Mosley. He could have made close to 10 mills doing the same kind of work vs Pac but instead opted to fight a much bigger guy for 1mill . He didn't want to fight Pac because Pac would only fight him at 150. But if its Margarito he would fight at 150, but just not Pac .

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Mac Stud View Post
        Let's all hope and pray you never manage a fighter because if you do I can easily see him going 7-35. There is a lot of wisdom in what Roach said. At this stage of Cotto's career he needs to fight fighters that are high risk and high reward. Not high risk and LOW reward.
        But im not a manager or promoter i'm a boxing fan. i want to see the most skilled fight each other not a popularity contest. This aint Star Search for me man. I dont like a fighter because he has red hair or some cool tattoos. Race doesnt even matter. You probably prefer watching Harlem Globetrotter games over the NBA. Watching your favorite fighters beat up on chumps and geeking over it. If Cotto cant beat the best in his respective division then he either needs to move up or retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          You still here?
          !!!...

Comment

I give Miguel a lot of credit he gave a young hot prospect a chance in esscence he passed the torch and it needs to happen more in boxing.

Comment

I just think he fought the naturally bigger guy who had some suprising skills. Cotto held his own at times but it wasn't enough especially fatigue kicking in the late rounds. I still believe he has one good fight left in him before pondering about his future.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                I give Miguel a lot of credit he gave a young hot prospect a chance in esscence he passed the torch and it needs to happen more in boxing.
                Yeah, it just goes to show if you are willing to fight anybody... like Cotto... people aren't going to hate on you for taking risks, even when you come up short.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  You still here?
                  yeah hes still here and still supporting aint nobody gonna run away just cause cotto lost

Comment

AND... Trout Looked The Size Of A Light Heavyweight!

What I love about Cotto, is he doesn't back down to anyone! If you told him he was locked in to fight Vitali Klitschko, he'd fight his heart out. He looked good, polished, great shape, against Trout, but Trout looked like he was 3" taller and outweighed Cotto by 30 pounds fight night. That's too bad because that was some poor decision making on his team's part. Cotto still has game left, and he better get Canelo now, before too much time passes. It may be too late anyway, because Cotto has had several wars, and Canelo is approaching his prime. If Sergio were healthy I'd say Cotto can beat him now. Cotto can beat Chavez JR now. Cotto can beat Guerrero now. Cotto can KO Bradley now. Cotto can beat Marquez now. But if Cotto hasn't gotten to them by 4th of July 2013, all bets off, and time for Cotto to be a promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Cotto hit Trout loads, getting to him wasn't a problem - hurting him was, Trout did not feel Cotto's punches.
                      Except when cotto stunned trout pretty good in the fourth?

And while cotto could get to trout at times, overall getting to him was a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X