No announcement yet.

It's hard to go undefeated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's hard to go undefeated

I don't know why so many people don't put any credence into being undefeated. What we witnessed last night was more evidence of just how hard it is to win every fight. No matter how great a fighter you are, you can always get caught and lose in an instant second. It happened to Roy Jones Jr., Pacquiao, etc. Hell, as great as Lennox Lewis was he was knocked out by the likes of McCall and Rahman. With bad decisions and upsets so prevalent in boxing staying undefeated shouldn't be taken lightly.

It is hard when you fight constantly a couple times a year for years.

Not hard when you cherry pick your opponents and fight once every couple years like a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
      It is hard when you fight constantly a couple times a year for years.

Not hard when you cherry pick your opponents and fight once every couple years like a coward.
      Who are you referring to? As weak as the Klitschko's competition has been both brothers have loses. Vitali had to quit against Bird and lost to Lewis. Let's not even discuss Wladmir's loses.
      Last edited by $tate of Mind; 12-09-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Im talking about Mayweather, a dude who has been ducking Pac for YEARS while JMM has fought him 4 times already.

But yea, real hard to go undefeated when you only fight once every 2 years then come back and fight 1 hand picked opponent.

Comment

IMO boxers are afraid of losses because they don't want their stock falling. I blame the money business partly. This maybe the reason why the best avoid the best. I just want big fights coming and support all the boxers who take the risk.

Comment

it aint as hard if you duck fights like floyd....

Comment

Actually Pacquiao is still undefeated. Haven't you heard???

Pacfans generally have a excuse for every lost, last night it was PEDS and Floyd Mayweathers fault.

So in my book, Pac is undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                Im talking about Mayweather, a dude who has been ducking Pac for YEARS while JMM has fought him 4 times already.

But yea, real hard to go undefeated when you only fight once every 2 years then come back and fight 1 hand picked opponent.

Only a hater such as yourself would say this. Both parties are to blame for the fight not happening. Who cares, it's a dead issue at this point. Floyd probably would've embarrassed him anyway. No matter how often or who a fighter fights victory isn't guaranteed. Who would've thought Wladimir would get Ko'd by Purity?
                Last edited by $tate of Mind; 12-09-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  it aint as hard if you duck fights like floyd....
                  I'm glad you're still here. Name one fighter who has fought everybody?

Comment

its hard when you need the money, therefore you take the big fights 2-3 times a year

but if you are already loaded, you can cherry pick the people you fight to know you will most likely win and on top of that fight once every year or 2 to avoid the risk of losing even further (mayweather and calzaghe are classic examples of this)

Comment

Working...
                    X