No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vazquez Eyes 140 Move, But Open To Burns in The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vazquez Eyes 140 Move, But Open To Burns in The UK

2013 has been a rough year for Miguel Vazquez. The IBF lightweight champion was scheduled to face Ricky Burns in a big unification clash before he had to pull out of the fight due to food poisoning. Shortly after the fight was rescheduled Burns changed promoters which effectively killed the fight. Vazquez is still upset that the fight didn't come through.

"I really wanted to fight Ricky Burns. We had an agreement then I got sick so it was postponed. We thought we still had an agreement but then it fell out. That was the fight I wanted," said Vazquez who indicated that he is still interested in the fight.

"I was willing to fight Ricky Burns in the UK. I still am very interested in that fight. That is the type of fight I want. I want big fights. At this point in my career big fights are exactly what I want. I know he has switched promoters. Hopefully the fight can still happen."
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope you talk the talk and walk the walk, there is quiet a # of challenges waithing you at 140.....good luck.

I still want to see you vs Gamboa or Burns, heck even vs Crawford.

Comment

Theres Crawford, Burns, and Gamboa at 135. I wouldnt mind seeing Crawford go over to England and fight Burns. I love the English commentators. They call the fights the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by StarPower View Post
        Theres Crawford, Burns, and Gamboa at 135. I wouldnt mind seeing Crawford go over to England and fight Burns. I love the English commentators. They call the fights the right way.
        Problem is they don't want none of Vazquez

Comment

Nobody want's any part of Vazquez the dude has skill and
          determination with makes him very hard to beat. Broner for example is fighting a shot, feather fisted puncher like Paul Malignaggi that won't hurt him, and he knows this...

Comment

Originally posted by wizard king View Post
            Problem is they don't want none of Vazquez
            Burns was clearly happy to fight him, but he got shafted by a promoter who wasnt paying him in time and switched promoters. And also, Burns is Scottish, not English. From listening to Eddie Hearn, it sounds like he will be fighting in Glasgow, where he can sell 10,000 tickets, for the forseeable future.

Comment

According to Hearn, Burns is probably fighting Raymundo Beltran in September but he is fighting again in December.

Comment

this guy need to shut the hell up and stop calling people !!....and then he chicken out

Comment

Vasquez is the man. I dont get why people hate on Vasquez but love other guys like Mayweather & Rigondeaux, whom i do consider masters of the craft. Vasquez should be respected there as well. Hed smoke Gamboa.

Comment

Working...
                  X