No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steward: I Wanted Wladimir vs. Arreola, Not Mormeck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Steward: I Wanted Wladimir vs. Arreola, Not Mormeck

Trainer Emanuel Steward appeared on a recent edition of "The Boxing Lab" - which is BoxingScene.com's official audio show, and discussed Wladimir Klitschko's scheduled defense of the WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight titles. Wladimir (53-6, 49KOs) will defend his titles against former cruiserweight king Jean Marc Mormeck (36-4-, 22KOs) on December 10th at the ESPRIT arena in Düsseldorf, Germany.

[Click Here To Read More]

I guess Wlad stops him, but who else is there with any name recognition at all?

Comment

I wouldnt minded this, Areolla doesnt deserve it but it would finish him off once and for all which would be good news

Comment

I'd much rather see Arreola than fucking Mormeck. The Mormeck fight is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
          I'd much rather see Arreola than fucking Mormeck. The Mormeck fight is a joke.

As Manny said in the article, they tried to get Arreola, but he said "not until next year"

Mormeck is a last resort.

They sent offers to Helenius, Povetkin, Dimitrenko, Fury and Arreola. It makes sense that Helenius and Fury want more fights first, but Povetkin and Dimitrenko are just being pussies.

We'll see Wlad-Arreola in 2012.
          Last edited by The Hammer; 10-12-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

aren't you guys ashamed of fighting old , semi-retired cruiserweights ? Timur Ibragimov beat Mormeck in France , corrupt judges just didn't give it to the boxer who deserved to win . Fight young heavyweights at least . It's not boxing it's soap opera .

Comment

Originally posted by tostao View Post
              aren't you guys ashamed of fighting old , semi-retired cruiserweights ? Timur Ibragimov beat Mormeck in France , corrupt judges just didn't give it to the boxer who deserved to win . Fight young heavyweights at least . It's not boxing it's soap opera .
              You are incredibly stupid.

Read the article. As Manny said in the interview, they tried to get those other guys.

People like you b1tched when Wlad was going to fight Chisora, a young heavyweight. You b1tch when he fights experienced opponents. You b1tch about the division. It gets sickening to keep seeing comments like that after awhile.

Comment

No heavyweight is gonna beat a Klitchko unless they dig to da body.

Comment

Bring on Robert Helenius!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    As Manny said in the article, they tried to get Arreola, but he said "not until next year"

They sent offers to Helenius, Povetkin, Dimitrenko, Fury and Arreola. It makes sense that Helenius and Fury want more fights first, but Povetkin and Dimitrenko are just being pussies.

We'll see Wlad-Arreola in 2012.
                    They offered the fight to Helenius? I must have missed that. I agree that Fury & Helenius probably shouldn't try to cash in just yet b/c they're still green. But Helenius (especially compared to Fury) has fought some pretty decent opposition lately. There's not too many others he can fight to prepare himself for Klitschko. I say Helenius take on someone like Dimitrenko or Tony Thompson and if he wins then go for it

Comment

Working...
                    X