Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible for froch to go down as the best ever british fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch is no way near the best British fighter not even close
    Whos he a actually beaten to make that claim ? Pascal , bute , abraham,Dirrel and washed up Taylor and Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      With ward injured, what can froch do if anything achieve this stature. I noticed alot of you guys didnt even mention him as one of the best britsh fighters ever...
      is it possible for you to dig your own country boxing history ?

Comment

nor does he have time with his brickish style to become the greatest, even if he stayed on till he was 45.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint G Groves View Post
          Yeah I don't rate his wins over Taylor, Johnson and Abraham all that much. It's the wins over Pascal and Bute that impress me, add Kessler to that, and Ward and Froch will go into the Hall of Fame. The greatest SMW is Roy Jones, then Calzaghe and Ward depending on who you rate higher as number 2. If Froch beat Ward, I'd make him number 2 as Ward is a great fighter in my opinion.

As for all time? The greatest British fighter has to be the legendary Bob Fitzsimmons, but Froch has to be knocking on the door of greatness if he wins the fights we've mentioned
          I have Kessler higher than Froch on the Super-middleweight all time list, what do you think?

Comment

Yeah I don't rate his wins over Taylor, Johnson and Abraham all that much. It's the wins over Pascal and Bute that impress me, add Kessler to that, and Ward and Froch will go into the Hall of Fame. The greatest SMW is Roy Jones, then Calzaghe and Ward depending on who you rate higher as number 2. If Froch beat Ward, I'd make him number 2 as Ward is a great fighter in my opinion.

As for all time? The greatest British fighter has to be the legendary Bob Fitzsimmons, but Froch has to be knocking on the door of greatness if he wins the fights we've mentioned
            Quite aside from all those he managed to avoid, Roy Jones is proven drug cheat whose career is tainted. If he's the greatest SMW then Marion Jones is the greatest 200m runner and Lance Armstrong the greatest cyclist etc.

Just on Froch, I wonder what he could have become if he had managed to secure big fights earlier in his career. He only started taking on the big names when he was 32+.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              I have Kessler higher than Froch on the Super-middleweight all time list, what do you think?
              Yeah I'd agree, just, due to Kessler's win over Froch. If Froch wins the rematch, I'd rate him above Kessler.

What's your list?

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Quite aside from all those he managed to avoid, Roy Jones is proven drug cheat whose career is tainted. If he's the greatest SMW then Marion Jones is the greatest 200m runner and Lance Armstrong the greatest cyclist etc.

Just on Froch, I wonder what he could have become if he had managed to secure big fights earlier in his career. He only started taking on the big names when he was 32+.

Yeah the steroids is a black mark against Jones, but I'm just going off what I've seen on film, and that Jones to me is the most spectacular fighter to ever compete at 168.

As for Froch? Yeah he looked quicker in his younger days, and had a better work rate in his 20's, I remember when he beat Adamu and Dodson, he looked a sharper fighter. I thought Carl was way past his best after the Ward fight, he looked reborn against Bute, he has aged well considering the wars he's been through

Comment

Beat Kessler in a rematch, beat Ward in a rematch and IMO he's done it
                Agree with this

Comment

Yes, it's possible; but he'd have to beat Kessler and Ward in rematches, and probably beat some of the up-coming SMW fighters, such as Groves and DeGale.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
                    Froch is no way near the best British fighter not even close
                    Whos he a actually beaten to make that claim ? Pascal , bute , abraham,Dirrel and washed up Taylor and Johnson

F.uck off. Hardly bums were they?

Pascal went on to win the light heavyweight title against Chad Dawson, Abraham has picked up another strap, Johnson was on the back of knocking out Allan Green, Dirrell was a rated undefeated fighter who went on to school undefeated Abraham, Bute was undefeated and recognised as at least the second best in the division with debate going on that he'd bet Ward. Add to that Froch travelled to Denmark and gave Kessler hell, he travelled to the states to fight Ward. Add to that decent wins against Magee (who was an interim belt holder until recently) and Mack.

The best Brotish boxer of all time? No. The best British super middleweight head to head? Probably not. The best British super middleweight based on resume and achievement? Not even up for dispute. His resume is solid, very solid.

Comment

beat kessler and ward lol...and if he cant secure a rematch with ward... beat dawson at 175 and hed be better than calzaghe in my book... i dont think he beats ward...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X