No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Peterson, IBF Respond To Khan's Appeal Withdrawal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Peterson, IBF Respond To Khan's Appeal Withdrawal

Washington, DC-In a stunning announcement yesterday evening Amir Khan, through his promoter Golden Boy Promotions, withdrew his protest with the IBF ending his efforts to force an immediate rematch against World Champion, Lamont Peterson. The Peterson team aggressively responded with sound and factual supporting documentation to each of the various accusations which Khan used to dispute his loss of the World Championship to Peterson. This also included an unfounded allegation that a "mystery man" at ringside affected the outcome of the bout.

[Click Here To Read More]

didn't feel like reading all that, someone summarize for me

Comment

So Khan's appeal was going to be the subject of a forensic, transparent & fair hearing that Khan & Golden Boy knew would not find in Khan's favour. So they withdrew their appeal hoping that Peterson would be happy to walk away with only one strap instead of two. Only time will tell if they are right but if Peterson is able to pursue his appeal to an independent court of law then Khan is likely to get what the duck got.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
        didn't feel like reading all that, someone summarize for me
        Summary

Petersons feel vindicated
        Keeping IBF belt
        Appealing WBA decision and want that belt too
        Open to all offers for what is best for Petersons career
        IBF explain set up for hearing including panel & video recording
        IBF wished the hearing had gone on

I guess if GBP can put the most money on the table and Arum will let it happen, then we could have the rematch, they are open to it.
        But Arum isn't letting any belts Peterson has out of top rank easily

Comment

Thanks for the Summation Chav, I didn't feel like reading that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
            Summary

Petersons feel vindicated
            Keeping IBF belt
            Appealing WBA decision and want that belt too
            Open to all offers for what is best for Petersons career
            IBF explain set up for hearing including panel & video recording
            IBF wished the hearing had gone on

I guess if GBP can put the most money on the table and Arum will let it happen, then we could have the rematch, they are open to it.
            But Arum isn't letting any belts Peterson has out of top rank easily
            Is Peterson with Top Rank? Pretty sure hes not....

Comment

If Khan felt so wronged why would he drop this appeal? He might have become my least favorite fighter in the sport, and he had been winning me over prior to this garbage.

Comment

Don't really get why the hearing didn't just go ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
                  Don't really get why the hearing didn't just go ahead?
                  GBP and Team Khan demanded the investigation and hearing. So the hearing was for them.

Comment

So for the last month for every other day we've been subject to a 'new' comment and/or statement from the Khan camp about allegations and fairness, and how hard Khan has been protesting for a rematch or a redo, and all the sudden he stops?

You can't complain this long and hard and then sudden drop it and pretend it doesn't matter to you anymore. That's childish right there.

Comment

Working...
                    X