No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gomez Says Broner-Maidana 2 Could Be in June or July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gomez Says Broner-Maidana 2 Could Be in June or July

The rematch between welterweight titleholder Marcos Maidana and Adrien Broner, — once thought to take place in April but since pushed back — might instead end up in June or July, according to Eric Gomez of Golden Boy Promotions.

Broner, who lost the title to Maidana in December after getting knocked down twice and dropping a unanimous decision, exercised his option for an immediate rematch. Maidana’s manager, however, told BoxingScene’s Rick Reeno that Maidana needed more time to rest and train, and that Maidana also wanted to be present for the birth of his daughter, who is due in mid-March.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn, that's far too late. Wonder if Broner takes an interim fight between and yes that once again confirms Khan vs Mayweather for those that still haven't figured it out

Comment

Well I guess that's it. We're seriously going to get Mayweather-Khan on May 3rd.

As for the rematch, doesn't matter when it takes place. Maidana should beat him down again. I don't see Broner changing it up too much.

Comment

So maidana gets mayweather next May if he wins ?

Comment

If broner actually throws some jabs he might win.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            So maidana gets mayweather next May if he wins ?
            That's interesting. If he fights in June/July that would most likely mean Mayweather would fight someone else like Garcia or Thurman. I think for May 2015 Maidana could be in the race but hopefully Pacquiao/Bradley as well if they leave TR

Comment

Adrien "The Problem that's stopping a Mayweather-Maidana fight" Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                Adrien "The Problem that's stopping a Mayweather-Maidana fight" Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
                  That's interesting. If he fights in June/July that would most likely mean Mayweather would fight someone else like Garcia or Thurman. I think for May 2015 Maidana could be in the race but hopefully Pacquiao/Bradley as well if they leave TR
                  It's gonna be ortiz, Garcia or paulie in September.

Comment

He can jab all night if he wants but he needs a KO win to get any of his traction back..he needs more than a pit pat session. He should've taken a tuneup because the first time Maidana tags him in a rematch his confidence is going straight down the ****ter. Broner is going to go and try to prove a point and lose again. I got a billion on Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                    X