No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Says Kessler Rematch Talks Are Going Well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fladz View Post
    Just what kind of **** is this? Seriously, what the hell?
    lol I don't know why he keeps coming with this either.

Comment

I'm hoping Froch can avenge his loss to Kessler. He will go down as one of the greatest British fighters of all time if he can imo. He needs to work hard though because Kessler got the better of him the first time.

He won't ever beat Ward but Ward is a completely different beast.

Comment

People need to cool the chat about Froch going down as one the best British boxers ever, never going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheThirdEye View Post

James Degale never had Froch in mind, nor George Groves.
          But since Carl Froch has proved to the world that he was afraid to face the mandatory challenger Adonis Stevenson, every high ranked UK opponent wants to beat up the cobra, and grab the IBF super middleweight belt.

Eddie Hearn hope that the IBF will allow a fight between Froch and Kessler in late May 2013, by neutralizing the mandatory fight that he is suppose to perform against Stevenson before March 2013.
          This attempt came after the IBF claimed they wouldn’t accept to grant permission to bypass the mandatory challenger Stevenson, by agreeing a Froch-Bute 2.

Andre Ward finally understood how frightened Carl Froch was to face Adonis Stevenson, which is why he tries to bypass Kelly Pavlik to unify the titles by requesting to re-terminate Froch again, to win the first Undisputed champion title of this division.

Carl Froch said few months ago, he would vacate the IBF belt to fight Kessler & Ward; (Like he was the King of the world) or something.
          But since he claimed he would fight Kessler to unify the IBF and the minor WBA world title belt; it means Kessler won’t fight him if the belt is not involved.
          Ward already showed his wish, the unification; means Froch needs the IBF belt if he still plan a rematch with Ward. But I believe you find out that Froch never answered back the Ward invitation, by saying he would rather fight against DeGale than fighting Groves. (He punk’d)…

Now I believe Froch’s really afraid to loose.
          Loosing against Ward would drastically reduce his retirement revenus, but loosing against Stevenson would mean the end of his career.

There is no other way you could run Froch, stop being coward and go fight Stevenson; to at least lose your battle with dignity…

Adonis Stevenson is Faster ►►►
          Dude you're just trolling now.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            People need to cool the chat about Froch going down as one the best British boxers ever, never going to happen.
            I see lists with McGuigan, Hamed, Benn and Eubank in various top 10s, if they're in the debate then I think you can add Froch to the discussion.

Froch is unlucky to be part of the same era as Andre Ward, and in that Joe Calzaghe wouldn't give him a shot.

Comment

I mean, I could never put him down as the greatest GB of all time, but he will certainly be in the top 10 if not top 5. 3 time champ in one of the best divisions there's been in a long time. Giving us toe-to-toe action against the likes of Pascal, Taylor, Ward, Kessler, Abraham, Dirrell, Bute etc. Just mentioning those names make me realize how great this guy is. But he can never top Lennox.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                I mean, I could never put him down as the greatest GB of all time, but he will certainly be in the top 10 if not top 5. 3 time champ in one of the best divisions there's been in a long time. Giving us toe-to-toe action against the likes of Pascal, Taylor, Ward, Kessler, Abraham, Dirrell, Bute etc. Just mentioning those names make me realize how great this guy is. But he can never top Lennox.
                I'd say Froch features outside the top 10, I can't really think of who I'd have in my top 10 atm (need to draw up a top 25 list). Don't great me wrong, very entertaining fighter but entertainment shouldn't effect your ranking or get you into the HOF...

He certainly doesn't touch the top 5 though.

Lewis, Wilde, T.K Lewis, Buchanan, Welsh, Driscoll, Lynch, Fitzsimmons - off the top of my head, rank higher than Froch.

Comment

I'd say Froch features outside the top 10, I can't really think of who I'd have in my top 10 atm (need to draw up a top 25 list). Don't great me wrong, very entertaining fighter but entertainment shouldn't effect your ranking or get you into the HOF...

He certainly doesn't touch the top 5 though.

Lewis, Wilde, T.K Lewis, Buchanan, Welsh, Driscoll, Lynch, Fitzsimmons - off the top of my head, rank higher than Froch.
                  So wins? resume?

(n) Magee
                  (n) Reid
                  (h) Pascal
                  (a) Taylor
                  (h) Dirrell
                  (a) Kessler
                  (n) Abraham
                  (n) Johnson
                  (a) Ward
                  (h) Bute

and in 2013, potentially:

(h) Kessler
                  (a) Ward
                  (n) Groves/DeGale

Come on, he's surely pushing the top 10

Comment

Yea he's got a good resume but I was addressing the user's remarks about going toe-to-toe with fighters. His biggest fights are Bute, Ward & Kessler and he's 1 - 2 in those, a lot rests on his rematch with Kessler.

Like I said, don't have a list to compare him to so can't really say where I'd have him. Maybe top 15/20, I'll have to draw one up...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                      But he can never top Lennox.
                      Didn't Lennox learn to box in Canada?

Comment

Working...
                      X