Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather Jr an All Time Great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Floyd Mayweather Jr an All Time Great?

To me his selling points for greatness are his skills relative to other greats.

The problem I have with it is that its hypothetical at best.

Most posters here specially there at NSB are stating that he hypothetically beats a genuine ATG like Roberto Duran or Alexis Arguello.

Some maybe right, others maybe wrong. But at the end of the day it is just that. HYPOTHETICAL.

Where in hell can you find greatness with that?

What say you people?

Yep... Who gets/got hit less???

Nicolino Locche?
    Willie Pep?

They're the only 2 in my mind, & neither had a particularly sound offence...

Comment

Originally posted by klipsch speaker View Post

Most posters here specially there at NSB are stating that he hypothetically beats a genuine ATG like Roberto Duran or Alexis Arguello.

Some maybe right, others maybe wrong. But at the end of the day it is just that. HYPOTHETICAL.

What say you people?
      I know Floyd beats the ATGs tailor made to lose against him. Stylistically he's a nightmare for the less polished ATGs. How he'd do against SRL, Pernell Whitaker, Willie Pep, Joe Gans, Salvador Sanchez, etc, is a different story. Mayweather has yet to showcase his ability to make polished fighters look bad, much less a polished great fighter (which I wouldn't expect him to make any look bad, a win would be enough).

But he's definitely an ATG. How great? Don't know yet. Might find out later...

Comment

Originally posted by klipsch speaker View Post

What say you people?
        He's an ATG because in his era, you can make a valid argument that he was the greatest fighter of his era. The record speaks for itself

Comment

If Mosley ices Berto at age 38 it puts Mayweather's undefeated record in serious question if the two don't meet before the end of 2010.

He'll prolly fight the winner of Pac/Cotto in March, but that doesn't particularly interest me as I have no doubts he'll be winning. That's not to diminish the win or anything, the winner of Pac/Cotto is unquestionably going to make the HOF.

Comment

Whoever can't see that the cocky prick is a particularly unique & offensive radar system, seriously need to go back to the drawing board..

JMM was the housewives favourite, & got to the pinnacle of winning less, but lasting 2 rounds longer than the fat English wanker, Ricky Hatton...
            On the strength of what I've seen, Hatton would smash Marquez like an Xmas tree ball ball..

Come again?

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post

On the strength of what I've seen, Hatton would smash Marquez like an Xmas tree ball ball..

Comment

Great fighter, hasn't tested himself in many, many years.

Comment

Skillwise, he's definitely a great fighter. Resume wise, I don't think so yet, I mean I do think his resume at 135 and below is very, very good, he beat a lot of good to very good fighters there but I think in order for him to reach true greatness, he needs to test himself against the best at the weightclass he's fighting at now, welterweight.

Comment

Yea he is.

Comment

Working...
                    X