No announcement yet.

Who was the Pharoah of Moses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    That's not the same as an Exodus from Egypt. Which never happened.
    After all the links and info i posted suggesting it very well could of happened, this is what we resort to huh? Btw, you have still failed to provide any reasonable/academic justification as to why you make definitive statements on this issue, other than being butthurt and not wanting it to be true. Fine, let me resort to a squealpiggy argument tactic....

The exodus did happen. Deal with it nukka.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
      After all the links and info i posted suggesting it very well could of happened,
      There very well could of (sic) been a moon landing carried out by the Russians but that doesn't make it so.

this is what we resort to huh? Btw, you have still failed to provide any reasonable/academic justification as to why you make definitive statements on this issue, other than being butthurt and not wanting it to be true. Fine, let me resort to a squealpiggy argument tactic....

The exodus did happen. Deal with it nukka.
      The fact is that there is no evidence of an exodus out of Egypt, of forty years of wandering the desert, or the sacking of various cities, of forcing the Canaanites out of the "promised land". The fact that there were tribespeople living in the region called the Shasu of YWH does not mean that the Shasu of YWH were slaves and were lead to freedom and to a forty year trek across the desert, looting, burning and pillaging as they went.

Comment

that's awesome! The dog ate your evidence!

Oh that asinine historical consensus.

you need to read past the headlines, kid.
        I bet you don't believe Jesus existed as well huh.

Comment

There very well could of (sic) been a moon landing carried out by the Russians but that doesn't make it so.
          Neither does you stomping your feet and claiming it didnt happen....but cool story bro. Lets just resort to fallacies shall we?

The fact is that there is no evidence of an exodus out of Egypt, of forty years of wandering the desert, or the sacking of various cities, of forcing the Canaanites out of the "promised land". The fact that there were tribespeople living in the region called the Shasu of YWH does not mean that the Shasu of YWH were slaves and were lead to freedom and to a forty year trek across the desert, looting, burning and pillaging as they went.
          In one minute there are thousands of shasu prisoners.....the next they are no longer prisoners. I suppose on some academic planet this means there is no evidence nor indication of an exodus.

Btw, im dissapointed you havent cared to research the info ive given you any further.
          Lots of cool info about the historical significance of the shasu. One has to wonder, whats the point? So you dont want to believe, and would rather turn away from evidence. Why not move on with life then?

Extra btw, the hebrews/shasu's were canaanites. Their historical footprint is all over th land of canaan. I know im asking alot, but you should research YHVH-YHWH-El-El Elyon more. Their historical footprint is all over the place.

They were nomadic wanderers. Cant be said enough. Point being, they could...and did....spend an entire lifetime wandering around....but a 40 year journey....impossibru right?

Considering i doubt you will provide anything of academic merit, this will probably be my last post on this subject.

Comment

In one minute there are thousands of shasu prisoners.....the next they are no longer prisoners. I suppose on some academic planet this means there is no evidence nor indication of an exodus.
            They were not escaped slaves. They were just a type of people living in the region of Canaan.

Btw, im dissapointed you havent cared to research the info ive given you any further.
            Lots of cool info about the historical significance of the shasu. One has to wonder, whats the point? So you dont want to believe, and would rather turn away from evidence. Why not move on with life then?
            What, did you think I thought the Israelites appeared from thin air? They may well have come from someone described by Egyptians as Shasu, but that doesn't mean that they were sprung from captivity by the magical mystery Moses.

Extra btw, the hebrews/shasu's were canaanites. Their historical footprint is all over th land of canaan. I know im asking alot, but you should research YHVH-YHWH-El-El Elyon more. Their historical footprint is all over the place.

They were nomadic wanderers. Cant be said enough. Point being, they could...and did....spend an entire lifetime wandering around....but a 40 year journey....impossibru right?
            But no evidence of a single large coherent group of nomads wandering the desert. That's the point we're discussing here, not whether or not there were nomads in the desert. Whether or not the Israelites escaped captivity and went on the GPS malfunction from Hell that lasted 40 years.

Considering i doubt you will provide anything of academic merit, this will probably be my last post on this subject.
            That's right, run on home boy.

I bet you don't believe Jesus existed as well huh.
            Been done. I said there is no extra-biblical evidence for his existence besides a couple of highly dubious references by Josephus and some other comments made not about Jesus but about the cult of christianity. You then suggested that the bible was a source, thus misunderstanding the meaning of the term "extra-biblical"

Comment

They were not escaped slaves. They were just a type of people living in the region of Canaan.
              Ifyousayso/10

Unfortunately for you, history concisely and coherently states something else. But, riveting tale chap.

But no evidence of a single large coherent group of nomads wandering the desert. That's the point we're discussing here, not whether or not there were nomads in the desert. Whether or not the Israelites escaped captivity and went on the GPS malfunction from Hell that lasted 40 years.
              Im curious, what kind of evidence would float your boat/would you accept? As it stands, you have a seemingly nasty propensity to dismiss evidence when it doesnt suit your viewpoint. In this sense, you tell me, how are you different from the theists you despise?

That's right, run on home boy.
              "
              I will rape you if i get the chance....

[Img]http://cdn.*****************/instances/250x250/18640641.jpg[/img]

Comment

Ifyousayso/10

Unfortunately for you, history concisely and coherently states something else. But, riveting tale chap.

Im curious, what kind of evidence would float your boat/would you accept? As it stands, you have a seemingly nasty propensity to dismiss evidence when it doesnt suit your viewpoint. In this sense, you tell me, how are you different from the theists you despise?

I will rape you if i get the chance....

[Img]http://cdn.*****************/instances/250x250/18640641.jpg[/img]
                Interesting, it wasn't your last post on the subject.

Comment

No evidence huh? Where exactly did you get the original information of the Exodus to begin with and the forcing Canaanites out of the promised land piece of information from?

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                    No evidence huh? Where exactly did you get the original information of the Exodus to begin with and the forcing Canaanites out of the promised land piece of information from?
                    The bible counts as evidence for the truth of the bible in the same way that Lord of the Rings provides evidence for the truth of Middle Earth.

Comment

Been done. I said there is no extra-biblical evidence for his existence besides a couple of highly dubious references by Josephus and some other comments made not about Jesus but about the cult of christianity. You then suggested that the bible was a source, thus misunderstanding the meaning of the term "extra-biblical"
                      Please dont switch my words around. Any mention of Jesus by "extra biblical" sources such as Josephus you are going to deem "dubious". There is no acclaimed historian that would argue that Jesus didn't exist, except for a very willingly blind atheist sort of Historian. You tend to come off as a hypocrite.

Comment

Working...
                      X