No announcement yet.

Picking up hitchhikers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    My job has me going up the 101 up in Northern California and Oregon quite a bit, and you should see some of the creatures along the road, especially around Eureka. I call them "Eufreakians." Hand to god, I once saw a pack that had a women that was 6'8, a rastafarian, and midget straight out of a Tolkien adventure, with a three legged dog.

I could have probably made a pretty good comic book off of them, lol.

tremendous

god bless america.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      tremendous

god bless america.
      Lol, yeah, most of them are harmless. Lot of tremendous strains of weed up in those parts, so they are pretty mellow. It's the super tweekers that I watch out for. Caught one trying to fuck with my work truck last year. Didn't end well......

Comment

heh some guy came up to me just a couple days ago trying to get a ride. he spoke very bad english but i knew that's what he wanted because he kept repeating a street that was a few minutes away. I didn't give him a ride, i just kept saying i didn't understand what he was saying until he walked away.

i consider myself a pretty decent guy. i work in the city so i run into bums every now and then and i give them change when i have some. one time this guy came up to me whose car had broken down and had no way to get back home which was an hour away. i gave the guy a few bucks to catch bus ride. i'll help people in need when i can but i would never give a stranger a ride. in the car, you're pretty defenseless with your hands on the wheel and feet on the pedals. if they decide to pull a gun, knife, or whatever, you can't exactly run away or defend yourself.

Comment

I haven't seen a hitchhiker in years. Do people still do that?

Comment

Get in the car....:wank:

Comment

I remember I was pretty far out in Easter Long Island for work and some scruffy looking/possible veteran old dude with a big dog asked me for a ride down the block. I told him I couldn't and he was like "what the fuck I just asked for a ride no need to get all weird about it" or something like that. Yea because its perfectly normal to ask strangers at the gas station for a ride only about a half mile down the block. I held back not to say anything because this guy obviously has nothing to lose, who the hell knows what would happen, plus he had a dog.

It was funny because the direction I drove away in had some construction-traffic and I saw him in the rear view mirror walking in the same direction I was driving in. I was like crap this is gonna be awkward

Comment

One time a guy was wanting a ride and was at the side of the highway. He was drunk as hell and he was laying face down at the side of the highways acting like he was hit or something or dead and waited till we stopped then he stood up and started coming towards my car. I just got the hell out of there. Some people lol

Comment

I never have, but the only person i'd give a ride to is a father/mother that has their child with them, or a woman. I don't trust men, they're more likely to try to rob you.

I remember hearing a story on here once where some guy who drove I think one of those coca cola trucks pulled over to see if a hitchhiker needed a ride, the guy tried to open the driver side door and pulled out a gun, dude was crazy.

Comment

Working...
                  X