Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stieglitz vs Groves Purse Bid is Ordered For March 12th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stieglitz vs Groves Purse Bid is Ordered For March 12th

In a strange move, the WBO has ordered a purse bid for a mandatory fight between super middleweight champion Robert Stieglitz (41-2, 23KOs) and British challenger George Groves (14-0, 11KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Nobody should be surprised by anything those alphabet pricks come up with.

Comment

Warren Boys Only and all that.

Comment

Does Warren work for the WBO or something?

Comment

I doubt whether this will be anything to do with Warren - Kessler will beat Stegliez, which means Groves will become mandatory against Kessler.

Booth said not long ago Groves needs a lot more polishing before moving to World level and was talking of 18 months time.

No way their ready for the likes of Kessler, no way they want that fight right now.

Warren, Groves and Booth understandably will kindly turn down the offer as their charge is not ready.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
            Does Warren work for the WBO or something?
            Nah, they just seem to be very close.

I remember that the WBO wasn't really seen as a proper world title, and then Warren had his biggest names win and hold onto their WBO belts. It was Warren's boxers like Hamed, Eubank, Calzaghe which helped the WBO be seen as a legit belt and I guess that loyalty to one another is still mutually benefical.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Warren Boys Only and all that.
              Ive never thought about it like that but holy ****, pretty much every champ hes had is wbo.

Comment

There's All kinds of rumours regarding Kessler vs. Stieglitz. Also a few facts.

Its a fact that there's no undercard announced. Its also a fact that most of Sauerlands Danish pros are fighting at a card just a couple of weeks prior to the Kessler date. Its also a fact that there has been zero hype and just as many pressreleases regarding the fight. We also havent seen kessler's trainer Jimmy Montoya here yet.

Add to this several negative rumours that I leave out, and the bottom line can only be that Kessler vs. Stieglitz will not happen.

That being said, Sauerland has firmly denied that the fight is off.

Comment

Working...
                X