Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the hell do most people think Godfather 2 is better than the first?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    I must be the only one who thinks GoodFellas whilst being a great movie, is nowehere near as good as The Godfather.
    i think you might be jnr lol

Comment

Like Tony Soprano said, it's about when Vito goes back to italy.

Both great films but i prefer the second. Especially de niros parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        I must be the only one who thinks GoodFellas whilst being a great movie, is nowehere near as good as The Godfather.
        Maybe on here, but not the rest of the world. The rest of the world overrates The Godfather quite a bit. Great movie? Sure. Best, or close to best, movie ever? Not even remotely close.

Comment

Goodfellas was no Godfather. Get real.

The first Godfather does not piss all over the second, but the second was too complicated and had too much going on to be better than the first, which was about as perfect as a movie can be. Still a great, great movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            • Italian back story was boring.
            • The part at the theater boring.
            • Cuba part unnecessary.
            • No Brando.

A big plus though was the rise of Michael's dad in the states, which was excellent.
            You just don't like great acting and storyline. It ties everything in, the part in Cuba shows how the mob was really influential there.

First was great, so was the second but I prefer the second. 3rd was trash.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
              Maybe on here, but not the rest of the world. The rest of the world overrates The Godfather quite a bit. Great movie? Sure. Best, or close to best, movie ever? Not even remotely close.
              For casual movie fans (if there is such a thing ) like myself, The Godfather is most certainly one of the best movies i have ever seen. I haven't watched many movies though to be fair.

Comment

I don't like gangster movies so I haven't actually seen the entire movie....just bits and parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  You just don't like great acting and storyline. It ties everything in, the part in Cuba shows how the mob was really influential there.

First was great, so was the second but I prefer the second. 3rd was trash.
                  AHA!, yeah that's what it is .

Hardly great story line the Italian story line was plain and boring.

They should have forgot Cuba and expanded on New York.

Comment

Robert De Niro.

Comment

I like the 2nd one more than the 1st, but it's a preference thing. Both movies are classics in their own right. I like the story of young Don, his rise, and how he inevitably gets his revenge. Then you have Michael's story of his struggles of being the Don now and the turmoil he goes through with his own family. Great acting in both nonetheless. I liked part two better.

Comment

Working...
                      X