No announcement yet.

Charlie Chaplin Speech

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're gonna' do it...... gotta' do it right:

Same speech w/ a piece from Hans Zimmer's soundtrack for Inception.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
      Same speech w/ a piece from Hans Zimmer's soundtrack for Inception.
      I might have known that would be your idea of doing it right. The paucity of emotional counterpoint provided by that truly tasteless, obtrusive selection (which is a meretriciously hideous piece of music in any context, BTW) is utterly, shockingly total. Chaplin wrote his own rather brilliant scores, FWIW, and if he'd wanted music there, he'd have come up with something much more elegant than that.

You, I will condescend to - because you've repeatedly shown yourself to be a ****ing clueless cretin who thinks he knows what he's talking about. I'm here to tell you categorically, as FACT, that you do not.

Comment

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
        I might have known that would be your idea of doing it right. The paucity of emotional counterpoint provided by that truly tasteless, obtrusive selection (which is a meretriciously hideous piece of music in any context, BTW) is utterly, shockingly total. Chaplin wrote his own rather brilliant scores, FWIW, and if he'd wanted music there, he'd have come up with something much more elegant than that.

You, I will condescend to - because you've repeatedly shown yourself to be a ****ing clueless cretin who thinks he knows what he's talking about. I'm here to tell you categorically, as FACT, that you do not.
        The amount of effort you put into that post in some inane attempt to prove you're better than me only proves that you're not.

Best of luck next time, Random-dude-who-doesn't-know-I'm-better-than-him.

Comment

Picking up where Super Villain left off.

Comment

The amount of effort you put into that post in some inane attempt to prove you're better than me only proves that you're not.

Best of luck next time, Random-dude-who-doesn't-know-I'm-better-than-him.
            I don't believe in luck, only education. No effort was required, save for 60 seconds of moving my digits - the thoughts come very naturally, because I am better than you. And more literate, besides. Thus, I am able to compose messages like the one above with facility.

The only inanity in this thread was your initial ****ty post and the quite horrid video attached. I enjoyed your rejoinder, though, and its distinct smack of scolded, recriminatory cover-up.

Now, do us both a favour. Never, and I do mean never, post again. F*ggot.

Comment

I don't believe in luck, only education. No effort was required, save for 60 seconds of moving my digits - the thoughts come very naturally, because I am better than you. And more literate, besides. Thus, I am able to compose messages like the one above with facility.

The only inanity in this thread was your initial ****ty post and the quite horrid video attached. I enjoyed your rejoinder, though, and its distinct smack of scolded, recriminatory cover-up.

Now, do us both a favour. Never, and I do mean never, post again. F*ggot.
              You don't believe in luck, only education. Congrats on debating a point because I used a common platitude.

I entered this thread largely to amuse myself because that rendition is better than the original. The original is nothing that is remotely interesting. Chaplin delivers a boring and mundane speech well. It's nothing but a silly diatribe against random things with no real point or purpose. Somebody might as well post the speech from Independence Day or Braveheart as they're as equally ridiculous.

Comment

I agree with Gomez that the Speech or the movie doesn't interest me much.

But with the help of fine Youtube editing, he came out looking like a million bucks.

I did like the video I initially posted though. That Inception version might've been better, had the editor not been lazy, and added some visuals to it as well. Also the music was too loud & overpowered Chaplin's voice.
                Last edited by cupocity303; 10-17-2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                  Ah, I'm not into old 20's, 30's or 40's films. It's too far over my time. I don't go below the 60's when watching movies (60's which are mostly the early James Bond and Clint Eastwood westerns).

Still a nice little speech that youtube users noticed and chopped down and added pictures, to make a video out of.
                  You like westerns but didnt watch anything in the first 30 years of film?

your missing a lot of good westerns that were better than Clints spaghetti westerns

Comment

You don't believe in luck, only education. Congrats on debating a point because I used a common platitude.

I entered this thread largely to amuse myself because that rendition is better than the original. The original is nothing that is remotely interesting. Chaplin delivers a boring and mundane speech well. It's nothing but a silly diatribe against random things with no real point or purpose. Somebody might as well post the speech from Independence Day or Braveheart as they're as equally ridiculous.
                    I didn't debate, but rather deliberately used your banal remark as a vehicle to state my distaste for the conceit of "luck". FYI, the banner of education encompasses many things a Godless sci-fi nerd wouldn't understand.

I am not one who especially admires the speech. I generally dissent the view that ...Dictator is among his very finest and most instructive works (although it was certainly brave).

But that "rendition" is not "better" than the "original". You are utterly deluded. In sludgy context of Zimmer's tawdry, hollow bombast and ersatz symphonic grandeur, impotent and prosaic, if spirited, Utopianism becomes offensive near-dogma (almost, uhh, dictatorial) and a quite crass insult to everyone's intelligence. I suppose that's at least an interesting effect.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
                      You like westerns but didnt watch anything in the first 30 years of film?

your missing a lot of good westerns that were better than Clints spaghetti westerns
                      I'm not as passionate about Films as you are. I don't really care for Westerners per-se. Maybe some. I watched some of them because of Clint Eastwood and they happened to have been in the 60's, Spaghetti or no Spaghetti. I don't even use those Movie critic terms either. As I said, I don't go below the Mid 1960's. My parents like it, and they're old and grew up in that era. So I get it. I don't much care for the over-the-top theatric acting style, or old ass cinematography of anything of the 50's and below. Maybe some old ass Charles Bronson movies, and even that was because of Charles Bronson. Maybe one western with Kirk douglas & John Wayne, but that's it. And of course the early Sean Connery James Bond movies.

I'm not a across the board movie buff.

Comment

Working...
                      X