No announcement yet.

Why I'm picking Adamek

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I'm picking Adamek

First of all, I know this doesn't fit the history section. But I was hoping for better quality responses and think this is the best place to look for that. And if my prediction comes true then this fight certainly will be historical.

On paper you have to pick Vitali. If you compare their fights against Arreola and watch Adamek stumble against Grant, it comes up Klitschko everytime. I'm a fan of both fighters, but probably more so of Vitali since I saw him fight live and was lucky enough to meet him briefly. But timing is everything and I think Adamek may be the guy in the right place (Poland) at the right time. Vitali is past 40, and people who are also past that age knows how much that matters physically. Since his long layoff Vitali hasn't been beating anyone special, even compared to Wladimir's competition.

Adamek can fight. I know this. His only loss came when he stayed too long in the wrong division. He has proven to have excellent conditioning, a solid chin, and as much heart as anyone. Unlike previous Vitali opponents, Adamek likes to engage and has a solid workrate. If Vitali is on his game then it's no contest, but I'm guessing his age shows and Adamek outhustles the big guy to win the title.

Fire away.

That would be Adamek's chance. Vitali stays active, so 1 round so far this year may have him feeling rusty due to age. If so, hopefully Adamek can take advantage.

I'd be crazy to pick him though. Even a slightly rusty Vitali is better than Adamek at heavyweight.

Comment

That's why I'm pick Tomasz also. I got $100 on him.

Comment

Never mind win, I'd be surprised if Adamek were to be competitve with Vitali.

Comment

Not going to happen. No way, no how.

Adamek is out of his league against Vitali.

He's a good fighter, but, he's just not a good Heavyweight. His fight with Arreola shows that, and he has never reallly looked impressive.

He will be the much much much smaller man in the ring, and he is going to get brutalized.

Comment

im rooting for adamek but...

IDK bro

Comment

I'm all for people picking Adamek if it pisses off CrackerRead, Medved, and Wlad Ownz

Poet

Comment

I will be rooting for Adamek because hes the underdog,but i expect a one sided beating that is stopped around the 10th,he has done nothing at Heavyweight that makes me think he can be competitive with VK,however rusty,let alone beat him

Comment

I like Adamek and I think he'll take his beating like a man, but he's catching a bad beating on Saturday.

Comment

I just hope it's a good fight. I like Adamek a lot, and I think Vitali has slowed down to some extent, but I just can't see a big enough drop in Vitali's talent for Adamek to win or even be competitive.

Comment

Working...
                    X