Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seth Mitchell vs. Chris Arreola: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who knows what shape Arreola is in after taking off 2012. Mitchell is always in good shape and is the more active fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Vitali's power is overrated, and he was stepping back all night. Arreola got dropped by Travis Walker so Mitchell definitely has enough to pop to put him down. Can he keep him down? That's the question.
      While this is true Arreola wasn't hurt he was hit clean and he was poised enough to take a knee. He was patient with Travis after the KD. While Seth was a bit lost when he was hurt. I also would take into consideration Arreola's experience under these circumstances.

Comment

i think arreola would win in a slugfest. mitchell still looks like a gifted athlete who took to boxing. arreola is a fighter.

it would be a hellacious fight. what action there would be. that HW boxing is literally a nonfactor is something i've come to take for granted. in the 90's and earlier, winning the the HW championship of the world was one of the greatest achievements in sport. it used to be the biggest event on the planet.

my, how things have changed.

arreola in six or seven rounds. he might even have to come off of the canvas. i think he'd try to box early, but eventually work his way into a gunfight. even though mitchell has the better habits and undoubtedly trains harder, it's fighting experience that leads me to believe that mitchell would tire rather quickly in a fight with a beast like arreola.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Who knows what shape Arreola is in after taking off 2012. Mitchell is always in good shape and is the more active fighter.
          the longer the fight goes the more i'd favor arreola. he's got so much more experience. mitchell is the more conditioned athlete, but arreola is the only fighter between the two.

Comment

The problem with Jennings and Mitchell is they are guys who played other sports and than got into boxing.

Malik Scott is the most pure boxer of all the American HW's right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Vitali's power is overrated, and he was stepping back all night. Arreola got dropped by Travis Walker so Mitchell definitely has enough to pop to put him down. Can he keep him down? That's the question.
              you do realize if Walker has anything it's a hard punch, which Arreola shook off and was fine right after

Mitchell doesn't hit as hard as Walker at all

Comment

Whoever lands cleanly first could take it.

I'd go with Arreola based on his experience in high-volume exchanges. He had 300+ amateur fights and has brawled with guys like Mitchell plenty of times.

Comment

Very hard to predict, I reckon Arreola could take it based on experience even though I'm more of a Mitchell fan.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    it used to be the biggest event on the planet.

my, how things have changed.
                    Not really.

Wladimir vs. Haye was one of the biggest events in Europe last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Not really.

Wladimir vs. Haye was one of the biggest events in Europe last year.
                      the planet vs in europe. see the difference?

Comment

Working...
                      X