Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Murray is Denied, as Felix Sturm Secures a Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Murray is Denied, as Felix Sturm Secures a Draw

England's Martin Murray drew with WBA super middleweight champion Felix Sturm as the German retained his title in Mannheim on Friday night. The 29-year-old from St Helens produced a tremendous display, trading shot-for-shot with his opponent and going the full distance for only the second time in his 24 fights to date. Murray was awarded the fight 115-113 by American judge Ted Gimza but, with Jean-Francois Toupin scoring it 116-112 for Sturm and Pasquale Procopio unable to split the pair, he was left to hope for a rematch if he is to prise the belt off the 32-year-old.

[Click Here To Read More]

I thought Murray did enough to win this fight

Comment

Sturm's reign as a title holder has been very disappointing throughout. The De La Hoya fight was promising, the loss to Castillejo was awful but he avenged that and seemed to have a good career ahead of him.

Since then he has gone onto miss an opportunity after another, with chances to fight against the likes of Pavlik and Abraham passing by and very little to show for 5 years of work aside from a string of title defenses against lackluster challengers in lackluster performances. Not once has he gone out there and made the people take notice with a dominant display.

Sad to say but he will eventually be beaten and will barely be remembered, despite spending a lot of time as a top middleweight. 33 years old next month and his skills are starting to fade. It's now or never for him, and judging from his past, he probably won't face a top middleweight anytime soon.

Comment

I thought Sturm won by at 2-3 rds.

Comment

Is it 1953?

Comment

why the hell is he cheering and being hoisted up after the announcement of the draw?!

that's like saying "whew! thank god"! lol it's like lamont peterson being happy with the draw against ortiz cause he knows he's not nearly as good as ortiz.

Comment

Excited to watch and score this fight. Sturm has been a good champion during his reign but I feel his time has come when i rewatched and scored the fight against Macklin, I had it a draw and felt that Sturm was lucky to secure that. If he could only grab a draw here against Murray, and can't win a rematch which I think should be right away then hang em up....way to prove the haters wrong Murray keep it goin!!!!!

Comment

I idid not see it but sturm's protected almost as much as JCC Jr..get'm out of Germany(probably impossible) and he'll be exposed as he can't break a ballon...

Comment

Macklin beat sturm the last time out too. Just another "protected euro bum", sturm is.

Comment

One of the biggest robberies of the year Sturm pretty much dominated the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X