Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else was there was for Pacquiao to fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else was there was for Pacquiao to fight?

With Mayweather & Margarito aside. Who else realistically could have Pacquiao fought? Discuss..

Timothy Bradley

Paul Williams

Sergio Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Timothy Bradley

Paul Williams

Sergio Martinez
      I would even add Berto to that list also. Even though I think Pac would KO him. He still an undefeated dude, with a belt. Is sure more deserving than Marg is.

But, the Bradley fight would of been the fight that should of happened.

I guess the risk didn't outweigh the reward which is on Pac/Arum/Roach part.

Comment

Martinez

Williams

Bradley

Berto

JCC Jr.

Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Timothy Bradley

Paul Williams

Sergio Martinez
          Bradley would have been a descent fight but I still feel Pacquiao wouldn't gain to much respect for beating Bradley!

Williams was defiantly a shout for Pacquiao, this fight would be high reward!

Martinez? Im not so sure about this one. For starters Pacquiao probably isn't going to fight at 154 without some catchweight in place, and Martinez would be coming down to.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            Martinez

Williams

Bradley

Berto

JCC Jr.

Mosley
            He could have fought one of those for sure, but money wise, JCC jr is really the only logical choice of them all besides the Marg fight.

Since he claims he only has a few fights left, they are probably looking to maximize his revenue rather than taking on the most worthy comp.

Comment

Berto, mosely, marquez, bardley,

Comment

martinez and pwill are too big for pac.

bradley got a date w/ alexander. both those guys should clean out 140 lbs before they step up.

JCC jr. is trained by roach. those two will never fight.

Mosley at least needs to win another fight to prove he isn't shot before he can get a shot at Pac.

Marquez gotta prove he can hang at 140 first. he can't. he's a lightweight and I don't wanna see it if JMM gotta come all the way up to 147.

the only guy, and the guy I wanted pac to fight, is berto.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  He could have fought one of those for sure, but money wise, JCC jr is really the only logical choice of them all besides the Marg fight.

Since he claims he only has a few fights left, they are probably looking to maximize his revenue rather than taking on the most worthy comp.
                  That post would make sense if he never fought Joshua Clottey.

But... he fought Joshua Clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

I still feel Pacquiao wouldn't have gained any recognition by fighting Mosley, afterall the boxing world would claim it was Mayweather JR left overs, Right?

JCC Jr would have been a good fight, but probably risky, low reward.

Absolutely, I'd be interested to see who Pacquiao fights next, i think maybe the winner of Bradley/Alexander?

Comment

Working...
                    X