No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Mayweather Will Go Down as Greatest Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ellerbe: Mayweather Will Go Down as Greatest Ever

On Tuesday afternoon, pound for pound great Floyd Mayweather Jr. hosted the media in Las Vegas ahead of his May 5th fight with junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto.

[Click Here To Read More]

I wonder if Ellerbe has grant kneepads with money mayweather stitched on them

Comment

Funny article. Just like every boxer, Mayweather has a lot of holes in his record that historians can pick apart.

Comment

Definitely not.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          On Tuesday afternoon, pound for pound great Floyd Mayweather Jr. hosted the media in Las Vegas ahead of his May 5th fight with junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto.

[Click Here To Read More]
          Can't see it. Historians and haters would never give credit. Maybe if he beats Manny, sergio, and the winner of bute/ward he gets top 5-10 status.

Comment

I dont know about greatest ever but a few more big wins and he will be a top 5 to me

Comment

Bwhahahahahahaha!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -PITO- View Post
                I wonder if Ellerbe has grant kneepads with money mayweather stitched on them

Comment

Not the greatest ever... definitely will be way up there though.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
                    Funny article. Just like every boxer, Mayweather has a lot of holes in his record that historians can pick apart.
                    I dunno. Mayweather suffers from Calzaghe syndrome. That '0' is based on too many fights that didn't happen.

Name Floyd's top 5 wins.

De La Hoya. That's a good one.

Hatton. That's a good one although Hatton moved up a weight class for him.

Corrales. A warrior but a very overrated fighter who was exposed as a bit of a hype job in the fights before his death.

Castillo. Most of his 70-odd fights were against bums. A vastly overrated fighter.

Marquez. Forced up 2 weight classes with no preparation, no fights above 135 before fighting at 147. A mismatch, both stylistically and physically.

Who else? Judah? Please, Kosta Tzyu put that fraud to bed a long, long time ago. Baldomir? Pul-lease.

That's just not P4P greatest material.

Ray Leonard; Duran, Hearns, Hagler - already eclipses Floyd and I've just named only 3 guys, even though he lots to one of them.

Pacquiao; Barrera, Morales, Marquez - all at their prime weights in-or-close-to their primes.

Cotto is a good opponent, the best since De La Hoya. I'm glad he's taking opponent selection more seriously now. I hope it continues but he's got a bit of work to do before even getting close to being under consideration as potential GOAT material.

Maybe Floyd will go down as the richest fighter ever, the best paid fighter, the PPV King. That I have a hard time finding fault with. That's not GOAT. They are two different metrics.

Comment

Working...
                    X