No announcement yet.

10 minute footage of Harry Greb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 minute footage of Harry Greb

Unfortunately no fighting. Just posing and training for Walker. Still it's pretty good stuff.

http://

good find

that was some crazy shadow boxing and sparring near the end

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
      good find

that was some crazy shadow boxing and sparring near the end
      He's just exaggerating the moves and playfully sparring with a former Champ. No-one that crude beats Gene Tunney.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        He's just exaggerating the moves and playfully sparring with a former Champ. No-one that crude beats Gene Tunney.
        dont get me wrong im not knocking him for it,it just looked funny

Comment

Thank you for posting that I haven't seen that in over 35 years, I appreciate it. Don't be fooled by the stiff looking motions and remember thats a long time ago so the filming itself is pretty awkward. Both Walker & Grebb were dangerous fighters to face as you can see in their facial appearance.. You can see that his shaddowing featured punches that had a chopping motion and his elbows are locked so when he hit folks they felt him. Hooks came from alot of angles and these guys were pretty good with laterial movement. They were right on the turning point when boxing began to evolve yet again. The strides boxing went through from 1900 to 1940 was huge and hasn't had that big of an improvement since. Theres boxers back in the 40s that were Master boxers and capable of winning alot of ways. I wonder whose on the rise right now, maybe a 10 year old kid getting ready to rule! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
            dont get me wrong im not knocking him for it,it just looked funny
            Yeah I know, just in case you were thinking "How can this moron have a chance of being the GOAT." Which if this footage is taken seriously is a very valid thought.

Comment

Working...
            X