Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger Mayweather: if you’re going to go into boxing you need to do some road work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Mayweather: if you’re going to go into boxing you need to do some road work

The main thing with a kid, the first thing I would tell him is number one, if you’re going to go into boxing you need to do some road work. That means you need to get yourself in shape before. Then after getting yourself in shape, get somebody to teach you the art of boxing. When I say teach you the art about boxing, when you teach the art about boxing it ain’t about just throwing a bunch of punches because that don’t mean nothing. It’s about offense and defense and learning how to move your head. That’s number one. When you get that, then everything else will come as you go. The more you stay in the gym, the more you can learn to adapt to it and it’s going to get easier for you. That’s what I would tell a child because I train kids. I train kids when they’re seven or eight years old, so that’s what I would tell them. Teach them the art. When I say teach them the art, I mean teach them their balance, how to stand, how to turn, how to move, how to catch like that because that’s all a part of boxing and that’s number one. That’s what I would say.”

From ESB

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
    The main thing with a kid, the first thing I would tell him is number one, if you’re going to go into boxing you need to do some road work. That means you need to get yourself in shape before. Then after getting yourself in shape, get somebody to teach you the art of boxing. When I say teach you the art about boxing, when you teach the art about boxing it ain’t about just throwing a bunch of punches because that don’t mean nothing. It’s about offense and defense and learning how to move your head. That’s number one. When you get that, then everything else will come as you go. The more you stay in the gym, the more you can learn to adapt to it and it’s going to get easier for you. That’s what I would tell a child because I train kids. I train kids when they’re seven or eight years old, so that’s what I would tell them. Teach them the art. When I say teach them the art, I mean teach them their balance, how to stand, how to turn, how to move, how to catch like that because that’s all a part of boxing and that’s number one. That’s what I would say.”

From ESB
    thanks man good read but fuk esb

Comment

This guy also advises us to put our boxing equipment in a skip and set fire to it.

He also smokes crack.

Comment

Great advice by a good trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
          This guy also advises us to put our boxing equipment in a skip and set fire to it.

He also smokes crack.
          And yet he still has more knowledge of the sport in his finger, than you have in your body.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
            And yet he still has more knowledge of the sport in his finger, than you have in your body.
            Ah the old "in his finger" put down. A classic.

Comment

He also smokes crack.
              Didnt he say that about Hatton if he loses to Pac?

Who else did he say it to?

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post

Comment

He also smokes crack.
                  I'm sure he knows more than you
                  Hey guys, looking to add a punchbag to my home set-up and thought i'd come here for some input.

I'm pretty much clueless about them really so was wondering what prices I should be looking at and where I could get one from online (I live in the UK). Also what weight, construct would be best etc?

I'll be installing it in a room 8'2" high, so with a hook, chain and 4ft bag it'd be floating with the base 3ft off the ground, is that about right?

Thanks in advance guys.

Comment

Good advice. I would like to head out to Vegas and train with Roger someday. Hopefully he's not in prison by then.

Comment

Working...
                    X