Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Century- George Foreman

Who's watching it right now???? -
    Now being 6-15 4:12 PM (EST)

Yeah I'm watching it. Its pretty interesting!

Comment

ive seen it b4, the nite where he fought 3 guys r sumthing, funny as hell, i wonder if thats on tape..

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow
        ive seen it b4, the nite where he fought 3 guys r sumthing, funny as hell, i wonder if thats on tape..
        yea...they said he fought 5 guys KO'd 3 which is pretty impressive for someone with the stamina of Young George Foreman..

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
          yea...they said he fought 5 guys KO'd 3 which is pretty impressive for someone with the stamina of Young George Foreman..
          well when ur as strong as he was no wonder he could pull it off, he biceps r freaking huge, but 5 guys huh, thats crazy, rounds musta been cut down big time for him to pull that off

Comment

George's stamina being terrible is overrated:
            seriously, the guy through everything into every punch...they were hard, muscled, punches from a big man...that type of style would of depleted any fighter with his physique and power...so basically, it was about him not learning to acutally "box" correctly/pace himself like other boxers do.

Even Larry Holmes said that a Heavyweight fighter, which I mean fighters over 210lbs, can't keep throwing everything into a punch because he will run out of gas. What I read in an interview what Fighters actually do is, they tend to mix up how much they throw into a punch, both for stamina purposes, and to get his opponent to stay shocked by going from light/medium punches to very hard.

If George would of been trained by someone like Emanuel Steward, early on in George's life, George would of been better...yes, I know it is not possible, but I am talking "Fantasy" here

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Attell
              George's stamina being terrible is overrated:
              seriously, the guy through everything into every punch...they were hard, muscled, punches from a big man...that type of style would of depleted any fighter with his physique and power...so basically, it was about him not learning to acutally "box" correctly/pace himself like other boxers do.

Even Larry Holmes said that a Heavyweight fighter, which I mean fighters over 210lbs, can't keep throwing everything into a punch because he will run out of gas. What I read in an interview what Fighters actually do is, they tend to mix up how much they throw into a punch, both for stamina purposes, and to get his opponent to stay shocked by going from light/medium punches to very hard.

If George would of been trained by someone like Emanuel Steward, early on in George's life, George would of been better...yes, I know it is not possible, but I am talking "Fantasy" here
              George Foreman never threw everything into a punch if he did he'd murder someone. He never got his whole weight behind a punch, even against Ali he only threw Arm punches...The guy was a frickin' hitting machine with possibley the hardest hw punch and he only threw arm punches

thats an accomplishment..

only reason Larry Holmes would say something like that is because he always tried to belittle Marciano who threw everything into each punch for 15 rounds. The fact is a 210 pound man could do that, only problem is no heavyweight ever trains to do that.. Marciano's stamina wasn't natrual he trained hard for it. When preparing for any given fight he'd spar for 250 rounds, hit a 300 lb heavybag,throw hard punches underwater for many rounds, along with other things. Even on his off time when he didn't have a fight he sparred 150 rounds just to keep himself on top of his game. Its not that a heavyweight can't go 15 rounds throwing as hard as he can, its that none train that intensely....Yes I'm full aware Marciano was a prime 188 not 210 lbs thought thats not as big a difference as 150 to 250...

Comment

Agree, he was mostly, if not all arm punches, but he you can still wear yourself out this way because you are now using all your energy in your upper body, instead of taking some pressure off your upper body by using your leg strength.

Go hit your heavybag to see what I mean: stand there, throw as hard as you can, standing still, using your hips on up only, without trying to pace yourself. Now, after that, if that didn't give you a good example, go spar, only using this, while having someone fighting back at you, which will wear you out more.

For Foreman not using his legs to add extra power into the punch or actually knowing how to throw an actually accurate, good punch, THANK GOD...maybe that is the boxing God's way of making it fair.

Comment

Working...
                X