No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duva: Kovalev-Fonfara Possible if No Adonis Stevenson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Duva: Kovalev-Fonfara Possible if No Adonis Stevenson

Main Events CEO Kathy Duva is very interested in matching her fighter, WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev, against WBC champion Adonis Stevenson. Stevenson has expressed some reluctance in accepting the fight, saying that Kovalev should build up his name a bit more before the showdown takes place.

[Click Here To Read More]

Excellent! This is the best possible fight for Kovalev if they don't get Adonis.

I REALLY hope Adonis fight happens next though. HBO, give him the money he wants and make this happen!!

Slowly but surely, Kovalev is building a nice "resume." If he beats Adonis, should be on everyone's P4P list. Same with Adonis, in reverse

With that said: Fonfara gets knocked out by the 3rd round. I could see a first round KO. And I like Fonfara, seems like a cool dude from what I've seen

Comment

Actually a decent fight against hard hitters... but I doubt Fonfara will give up his place in the IBF, despite getting a title shot that is.

Also...Fonfara hits hard, but still don't know if he can take a punch. Kovalev will jump on him and **** thrust him for 4 rounds until he's KO'd

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Actually a decent fight against hard hitters... but I doubt Fonfara will give up his place in the IBF, despite getting a title shot that is.

Also...Fonfara hits hard, but still don't know if he can take a punch. Kovalev will jump on him and **** thrust him for 4 rounds until he's KO'd
        The thrust is real.

Comment

I'd prefer to see Kovalev fight some former titleholder like Cloud or Dawson rather than a less-established boxer such as Fonfara or Chilemba.

The winner of Pascal-Bute would be a good opponent for later in the year.

Of course, like everybody my first choice for Kovalev would be Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
            Excellent! This is the best possible fight for Kovalev if they don't get Adonis.

I REALLY hope Adonis fight happens next though. HBO, give him the money he wants and make this happen!!

Slowly but surely, Kovalev is building a nice "resume." If he beats Adonis, should be on everyone's P4P list. Same with Adonis, in reverse

With that said: Fonfara gets knocked out by the 3rd round. I could see a first round KO. And I like Fonfara, seems like a cool dude from what I've seen
            The fight is not about the money that HBO would offer to face Kovalev. Stevenson wants to cash in as much as he can before he risks getting knocked out by Kovalev. If he loses to Kovalev, especially by knockout, there will be no more big money fights for Stevenson. He knows that.

Comment

It's good to see that Kovalev can still get good fights even if he doesn't get Stevenson. However, the Stevenson fight is the one we all want to see. I hope they can make it happen next year. Kovalev/Stevenson may be the #1 potential fight above 147. It's definitely top 3. Guaranteed fireworks for as long as it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                The fight is not about the money that HBO would offer to face Kovalev. Stevenson wants to cash in as much as he can before he risks getting knocked out by Kovalev. If he loses to Kovalev, especially by knockout, there will be no more big money fights for Stevenson. He knows that.
                Ill give him the benefit of the doubt, he's a warrior... So I'm hoping that with a big pay day, and knowing the potential P4P/legacy implications (IMO) he'll take the fight because I'm sure he's confident in his ability

Comment

If Stevenson can't be made then this is not a bad option.

He could also go after Jurgen Brahmer who fights this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                    I'd prefer to see Kovalev fight some former titleholder like Cloud or Dawson rather than a less-established boxer such as Fonfara or Chilemba.

The winner of Pascal-Bute would be a good opponent for later in the year.

Of course, like everybody my first choice for Kovalev would be Stevenson.
                    He probably will as hold over fights and it would be good for their resume... but we already know what people will say.
                    Neither will be coming off a win... and if they real a win off beforehand, everyone will say they're already damaged goods... especially Dawson

Comment

Working...
                    X