No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James DeGale Keeps Active, Faces Bosic June 8 At Glow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: James DeGale Keeps Active, Faces Bosic June 8 At Glow

By Jake Donovan - James DeGale won’t have much time to celebrate his knockout win over Sebastian Demers, which served as his North American debut.

Less than a month after stopping Demers in two rounds, the super middleweight contender is scheduled to return to the ring on June 8. DeGale is slated to face Stjepan Bozic of Croatia at Glow, Bluewater in Kent, England. The bout marks DeGale’s appearance at the state of the art venue within the Bluewater Entertainment Center.

“I’m excited to be boxing at Glow again, it was a tremendous atmosphere for my last fight and it’s a great venue to headline at,” DeGale said. [Click Here To Read More]

Honestly cannot complain about the opposition as he's had like 2 fights in 3 weeks. Really hoping that Eubank Jr & Galahad have good opponents though, they've each made a promising start and that trend needs to continue.

Comment

DeGale is WBC Silver Champion isn't he?

What is the significance of the title? If he keeps winning, does he become WBC mandatory?

I'd fancy him against Bika tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Honestly cannot complain about the opposition as he's had like 2 fights in 3 weeks.
        Have to agree with that, impressive that he's fighting so soon. Hopefully this is the final tune-up before a proper test for degale. Glad to see him mention Groves too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
          DeGale is WBC Silver Champion isn't he?

What is the significance of the title? If he keeps winning, does he become WBC mandatory?

I'd fancy him against Bika tbh.
          Aye, any IBF, WBO etc trinket will help with your ranking in each respective sanctioning body. I don't mind the silly WBC silver, intercontenetial etc belts it's just the WBA's world champion and super champion that is bollocks.

One sanctioning body shouldn't have 2 world champions in one division.

Comment

He better step-up after this.

Comment

As long as DeGale keeps busy I'll be happy with him. I'm still not sure how good he is. I thought his loss to Groves was razor thin but more down to what DeGale DIDN'T do rather than what Groves did do.

Comment

Happy that he's grinding hard and building that record. Hopefully his next fight will be against someone with a name and then after that i want him to set the record straight with Groves. Imo he was robbed in the first fight so he'll need to be even more convincing this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
                  Imo he was robbed in the first fight so he'll need to be even more convincing this time.
                  Mr Flow,

What do you mean when you say 'robbed'? Serious question.

For me a robbery is when one fighter is 2 (maybe 3) or more rounds up & doesn't get the decision.

If you had the fight that wide then fair enough.

I thought it was a close bout that either fighter could have nicked. But not a robbery no matter who won.

Comment

Wasn't a robbery at all although I thought DeGale won by a point.

Bit concerned that DeGale hasn't progressed too much lately and I would say Groves is now ahead of him. I'm a DeGale fan but I really want to see him tested and start looking like he is ready for a title because Groves will get there before him on recent showing.

Comment

Working...
                    X