No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: James Toney 199, Denis Lebedev 197.5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weights: James Toney 199, Denis Lebedev 197.5

The weights are in for Friday's big fight at the Ice Palace in Moscow, Russia. Former three division champion James "Lights Out" Toney returns to the cruiserweight division for the first time since 2003. For his last fight he weighed 257-pounds in February, but he came in at 199-pounds at the official weigh-in. The opponent, hard banger Denis Lebedev (22-1, 17 KOs) came in at 197-5-pounds. Toney (73-6-3, 44 KOs) vs. Lebdev will have the vacant interim-WBA title at stake.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lightest weight since 2003.

Lets see how he looks.

Comment

if syllahk (i know its not spelled right, but you know who i amk talking about) cant make 175 anymore i dont think he's going to make lots of waves in boxing

cruiserweight is a dead division outside of europe and the guy definately cant fight at HW

kind of a shame, he does have a lot of talent.

toney's looking trim as all get out, at least compared to the flub he used to be.

still looks like there is weight there to be lost, though.

he's never been a giant guy

Comment

Comment

RIP Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            if syllahk (i know its not spelled right, but you know who i amk talking about) cant make 175 anymore i dont think he's going to make lots of waves in boxing

cruiserweight is a dead division outside of europe and the guy definately cant fight at HW

kind of a shame, he does have a lot of talent.

toney's looking trim as all get out, at least compared to the flub he used to be.

still looks like there is weight there to be lost, though.

he's never been a giant guy

I haven't heard anything officially, but I doubt he stays at cruiserweight. He's fighting a bum so it could be one of those 'fuck it, I'm not going to worry about making weight for this guy' situations and when he gets a good opponent lined up at 175 I'm sure he'll be right there.

Comment

This is something I never thought I'd see again, Toney below (or even anywhere near) 200lbs. A good win here will actually make Toney relevant again - coincidentally just like his last fight at cruiserweight against Jirov - and I fancy him to win it. Looking forward to this.

Comment

How awesome would it be if Toney could make 175 again?

Cloud vs Toney or Hopkins-Toney.

Comment

I think It's a miracle that Toney has managed to make the limit, that's an achievement in itself.

Comment

What's up with Sillakh fighting at CW, I know they had a hard time finding him an opponent was there no one available at LHW for this fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X