Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people constantly bring up Ponce de leon to say Broner cant be great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I find hilarious is that people hate Floyd so much they have to bring up Floyd when he was absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Nothing at all. Anyone who supports this kid is a flomo now? What a joke. Pathetic really.

Anyway, he clearly has talent. I wouldn't say he can't be great because of one bad fight. However I haven't seen much of him. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
      the irony of this... there's not one broner thread that doesn't have a disgruntled hispanic or pacfart bigging up ponce de la bum as a first response. the haters can't seem to move on.
      mostly mexican fans...............

mexicans pride themselves on being come forward warriors but de leon literally ran for 10 rounds & threw a bunch of pitty pat shots that were missing (i am not joking, de leon was shockingly running against a green broner)

he also quit against gamboa

even then he lost to a green broner (i had him losing by 1 round) at best it was a draw. no way was that fight a robbery..................the overall fight was a snooze fest & lasted only 10 rounds. i don't know why mexican fight fans see it as such a savage bloody 1 sided beating that resorted in robbery, not one of these guys scored that fight round by round, they are just running with the myth that de leon got robbed simply because they hate broner...........its gotten pathetic.

Last edited by americanbot; 07-10-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• On the bright side, Maidana's name is the one people will constantly bring up.

Seriously though, this is a case of the proof being in the pudding so to speak. People brought up Ponce De Leon to highlight Broner's flaws; he had the opportunity to prove the critics wrong, but he struggled against Malignaggi and got his ass kicked against Maidana.

Broner can be a good fighter, but I think it is almost clear that he doesn't have the ability or mental fortitude to be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
          He runs his mouth too much and he tries too hard to be Floyd. Floyd is a prick but at least he has earned what he has, this dude thinks he is on Floyd's level because he can run his mouth. People like him will get beaten down when someone is able to cope with their speed, he lacks the heart and will get his arse handed to him if he keeps stepping up his level of competition.

He thinks he should be a star when he hasn't earned it yet, that pedestal mentality will be the end of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
            Hopkins lost his 1st fight

Manny was ko'd 2 times by cab drivers

Jmm lost his 1st fight

Floyd had a tough fight with Castillo

So Broner had a tough fight it was close how the hell does that mean he cant be great???

why do people keep bringing this up like their favorite fighter never lost or struggled????dont throw rocks if you live in a glass damn house
            Enough of us who know boxing have seen enough to say he's probably not going to be anything special. Nothing's impossible, but that doesn't make it probable. Why can't you just accept he's basura? Because he is. Basura. Pura basura.

Comment

• the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

• i thought he had a bright future
                until he encountered maidana
                he could have been the next mayweather
                should we feel bad for that nigg@?

Comment

• Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                  Hopkins lost his 1st fight

Manny was ko'd 2 times by cab drivers

Jmm lost his 1st fight

Floyd had a tough fight with Castillo

So Broner had a tough fight it was close how the hell does that mean he cant be great???

why do people keep bringing this up like their favorite fighter never lost or struggled????dont throw rocks if you live in a glass damn house

This guy still mentions Broner with all time greats

I wouldn't even put Broner in the same sentence as Castillo

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

WBO champ at 130
                    WBC champ at 135
                    WBA champ at 147

Broner has been world champion 3 times, y'all mad!
                    Broner is great! just "except" it! :laugh:

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

Absolutely not.

Castillo is much much much more proven a he'd beat Broner up head to head at 135 aswell.

Comment

Working...
                      X