Tyson Via KO/TKO
    55.00%
    Tyson Via Decision
    5.00%
    Ibeabuchi Via KO/TKO
    30.00%
    Ibeabuchi Via Decision
    10.00%

Man, that is a tough one. Both were straight up beasts.

Comment

If you look closely, past the big muscles and intimidating looks, you'll see Ike wasn't so special. Very gifted but on a technical standpoint never there. I wouldn't pick him over any proven 90s HW greats. Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, Tyson etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
        If you look closely, past the big muscles and intimidating looks, you'll see Ike wasn't so special. Very gifted but on a technical standpoint never there. I wouldn't pick him over any proven 90s HW greats. Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, Tyson etc.
        Hugely, hugely over-rated boxer. Tyson is a bridge too far, & Ibeabuchi is soundly stopped here.

Comment

I actually think Ike is one of those guys who would give him serious problems at that point. He wasn't the best technically and does get overrated but he has a great chin, amazing stamina and can really punch and fight. In '96 for Tyson that's a recipe for disaster.

Ike wouldn't have to look for him at all, it would be a fight in the middle of the ring with the guy who lasts longer and catches better. At that point I think it was Ike.

Comment

I always thought Tua and Ibeabuchi would make for very interesting matchups with Tyson. I'd favor pre Douglas Tyson over both, but think Ike beats the 96 version, either by decision or late KO. Ike showed excellent stamina and beard in the Tua fight and 96 Tyson was more of a headhunter with mediocre stamina.

Comment

Any version of Mike before his suspension handles Ike with ease.

Comment

I picked Tyson by Ko but I missed the date, with Tyson of 96 it would have been a closer fight I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
                  I picked Tyson by Ko but I missed the date, with Tyson of 96 it would have been a closer fight I think.
                  96 Tyson was still incredibly good and on another level from Ike. The whole "post Rooney" thing gets blown out of proportion because Mike was simply outstanding with Rooney and while his skills did diminish a bit post Rooney, he was still an incredible boxer/fighter and was better than anybody in the division, IMO, even Holyfield. And in 96 when he fought Holyfield, Mike showed up in INCREDIBLE condition. He showed up in better condition than he had for his fights from 90-92. Think about that fight with Holyfield.... Just because Mike lost doesn't mean other guys are going to beat him the same way. That was an incredible fight.

96 Mike still takes Ike's head off in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                    96 Tyson was still incredibly good and on another level from Ike. The whole "post Rooney" thing gets blown out of proportion because Mike was simply outstanding with Rooney and while his skills did diminish a bit post Rooney, he was still an incredible boxer/fighter and was better than anybody in the division, IMO, even Holyfield. And in 96 when he fought Holyfield, Mike showed up in INCREDIBLE condition. He showed up in better condition than he had for his fights from 90-92. Think about that fight with Holyfield.... Just because Mike lost doesn't mean other guys are going to beat him the same way. That was an incredible fight.

96 Mike still takes Ike's head off in my opinion.
                    Thats true he might still knock him out I thought at first it was prime vs prime though. But still he might knock him out before to long into the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X