Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lucas Matthysse hadn't been robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judah fight was 10 rounds, Lucas fight was 10 rounds, that changes everything, changes the way they fight. BOth fighters thought they could hit and run and gfet a decision, they were dead wrong.

Any fight who fights lucas for the full 12 is in for a tough, tough fight, that includes Mayweather.

If lucas cleans out 140 within the year, I'd like to see him move up. NO way Bradley can handle Lucas power for the full 12. He wouldn't noe be able to keep him off

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
      Judah fight was 10 rounds, Lucas fight was 10 rounds, that changes everything, changes the way they fight. BOth fighters thought they could hit and run and gfet a decision, they were dead wrong.

Any fight who fights lucas for the full 12 is in for a tough, tough fight, that includes Mayweather.

If lucas cleans out 140 within the year, I'd like to see him move up. NO way Bradley can handle Lucas power for the full 12. He wouldn't noe be able to keep him off
      People forget that fact. Lucas did not only win 2 rounds of that fight. Do the math. Anyone that claims Judah won 8 rounds of that fight is down right crazy.

Comment

Sure just like Bradley couldnt handle Pacs or Holts power right. Bradley uses his superior footwork and hand speed to outbox Lucas. Bradley also has a good body attack and is very durable.

Comment

After last night I think Matthysse is done leaving the decision to the judges and I don't blame him. In my opinion I think he won both fights he was discredited for. Lucas Matthysse is a supreme champ @ 140 and i don't see anybody dethroning him anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            It sounds hilarious of course, but honestly its not impossible, even Pac. Sure, Pac would be a heavy favorite..but it'd a fight. JMM, I think could end in similar fashion to the Soto fight. Marquez is great and knows how to fight Pac, but I'm not sure how he fares against a young lion in Matthysse at this stage. I'd favor Marquez...but I wouldnt feel comfortable. I think Matthysse beats Bradley. Call me crazy on that one, i dont care lol.
            Damn dude, you read my mind again. When I read JMM the first thing that came to my mind was the Soto fight.
            Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
            Bradley outboxes Lucas easily. Too much speed and defense.
            Sure just like Bradley couldnt handle Pacs or Holts power right. Bradley uses his superior footwork and hand speed to outbox Lucas. Bradley also has a good body attack and is very durable.
            You know how many times I heard this when Matthysse went up against the faster "better" boxer?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              People forget that fact. Lucas did not only win 2 rounds of that fight. Do the math. Anyone that claims Judah won 8 rounds of that fight is down right crazy.
              the Judah fight was 12 rounds, so I don't know what facts you are talking about. Matthysse would be thoroughly dominated by Mayweather, Zab friggin Judah went 12 rounds with the guy and there is no way Bradley would be able to go 12 rounds with him?

Comment

What you fail to mention is how Pac was only 1-2 shotting Bradley and never stepped on the gas when he had him seemingly hurt. Soto was as durable as they come, so was Ajose. Youre crazy if you think that at 140 anyone can withstand Matthysse's power. Outbox him? Sure. But give credit where due.

Bradley didnt exactly win that Pac fight btw... Or come out unscathed. This was a passive Pac, imagine a motivated one? I do like Bradley... But I dont trust anybody's durability holding up to Matthysse at 140. 147 sure, 140 no.

And yeah, jsfd. Soto reminds me of JMM for some reason. They just have that pleasing to watch style and even fight similar..except Soto not as good... But if Katsidis can have Marquez on the verge, I think its possible for Matthysse to do it too. Matthysse isnt Licar Ramos. Lol
                Last edited by NearHypnos; 09-09-2012, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Pacquiao would murder Matthysse

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    What you fail to mention is how Pac was only 1-2 shotting Bradley and never stepped on the gas when he had him seemingly hurt. Soto was as durable as they come, so was Ajose. Youre crazy if you think that at 140 anyone can withstand Matthysse's power. Outbox him? Sure. But give credit where due.

Bradley didnt exactly win that Pac fight btw... Or come out unscathed. This was a passive Pac, imagine a motivated one? I do like Bradley... But I dont trust anybody's durability holding up to Matthysse at 140. 147 sure, 140 no.

And yeah, jsfd. Soto reminds me of JMM for some reason. They just have that pleasing to watch style and even fight similar..except Soto not as good... But if Katsidis can have Marquez on the verge, I think its possible for Matthysse to do it too. Matthysse isnt Licar Ramos. Lol
                    Pacquiao had Bradley wobbly every other round and the guy is gonna say Bradley would withstand Matthysse's power. With that body attack and pressure NOBODY is safe vs this guy. He's definitely not just a come forward pressure guy with body attack like, let's say, Chavez Jr. And I don't care who this guy fights, Im never gonna say "so and so is gonna outbox him" anymore. I expected him to beat Ajose but I truly expected it to go 12 and be much closer than it was... Not even gonna lie. Morales had Garcia hurt and Khan was blasting him till he got stupid. I wouldn't expect Garcia to go past 6 with Matthysse. Plus he obviously cuts up easily.

Comment

There aren't many fighters today that have the combination of power/endurance/work-rate/killer instinct that Matthysse brings to the table. He doesn't play in there, he's the tax collector.

Comment

Working...
                      X