No announcement yet.

Pound for pound prime RJJ vs Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pound for pound prime RJJ vs Floyd

I give the edge to RJJ. They have both taken criticism for not mixing it up enough, Roy's reply to this was "Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit, I dont even like a fly to land on my face". Floyd and prime Roy both had great defence, blazing hand speed, very hard to hit. The biggest difference I see is punching power, I dont recall seeing Floyd score a from behind the back one punch knockout. Roy definitely gets the nod on offence.

Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
    I give the edge to RJJ. They have both taken criticism for not mixing it up enough, Roy's reply to this was "Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit, I dont even like a fly to land on my face". Floyd and prime Roy both had great defence, blazing hand speed, very hard to hit. The biggest difference I see is punching power, I dont recall seeing Floyd score a from behind the back one punch knockout. Roy definitely gets the nod on offence.
    RJJ, imo. His footwork was virtuoso.

Comment

roy is faster, stronger and more powerful, floyd gets his ass handed too him

Comment

Originally posted by .-|Akrobatic|-. View Post
        roy is faster, stronger and more powerful, floyd gets his ass handed too him
        The comparison was not based on actual size, obviously Roy is much bigger than Floyd. I am talking about pound for pound, who is better, prime Roy or Floyd.

Comment

Roy faster, hits harder, probably stronger p4p.

Floyd is better boxer with better defence, I'd pick Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgamessuck View Post
            Well put. Also, a prime Roy would have breezed through guys who were the equivalent of Castillo, Hatton or Judah much eaiser than Floyd did...

Comment

Definitely Roy.

Roy was unbeatable in his prime, while Floyd lost once in his prime(JLC)

Roy KOed Virgil Hill who was undisputed Cruiserweight Champion for a LONG time
              Roy defeat James Toney, who was P4P #1 and in his prime(Weight control is no excuse, Toney always had problems with weight control)
              Roy embarrased Reggie Johnson who was a strong champion.
              Roy embarrased John Ruiz who was three weight classes above him and still gave other good Heavyweights trouble due to his clinching style
              Roy despite having to cut weight in such a short time was still able to defeat Antonio Tarver in their first fight.

Floyd's best wins were against

Arturo Gatti(Prime)
              Genaro Hernandez(Past prime I think)
              Angel Manfredy(Gave Gatti problems)
              Diego Corrales(Diego was KOing everybody)
              Zab Judah(Zab was in his prime and gave him trouble)
              Oscar De La Hoya(at 154, past prime but still was dangerous)
              Ricky Hatton(Prime, the man at 140)

I think Jones's resume is better.

Comment

I am taking Roy over almost anyone sans the top tier Atgs in a prime for prime pound for pound affair.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  I am taking Roy over almost anyone sans the top tier Atgs in a prime for prime pound for pound affair.
                  Bully fully redeems himself with this post from the post Clottey debate scandal.

Comment

So a 5-11, 175 Pound Mayweather? Pretending thats his natural weight class.

**** I gotta think about this.

Comment

Working...
                    X