Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's more famous?: Mike Tyson or Michael Jordan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan, easily...

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
      Boxing aint as worldwise as you think. Most people in Europe have never heard of Floyd Mayweather...

Everyone who has ever watched sports knows that MJ is the GOAT.

That's funny,because I'd never heard of him until Space Jam.

Tyson's fame has outgrown boxing and sports.

Jordan is a well know athlete,Tyson is a well known personality

Comment

Basketball is more of a global sport than boxing is.

Europe, America, and parts of Asia aren't "the world".

Comment

I can only speak for where I live. But in Britain, it's Mike Tyson without a doubt. Michael Jordan isn't a household name here.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
            We're not talking about Floyd, we're taking about Tyson. Damn, this place has some trolls and idiots.
            Aye, Lounge has gone to ****e. Getting worse as NSB for idiocy.

Comment

if someone has even heard of basketball, hes heard of MJ...only brits say basketball aint big

Comment

Jordan is probably known in some places just for the clothing and sneakers...Tyson hasn't been BIG since he fought Lewis outside of appearances IMO

Comment

Lol comparing Mayweather to Tyson that is absurd! Im not saying Michael Jordan isn't known worldwide but Tyson is defiantly more of a household name due to his badass personality. Only Yanks would think Michael Jordan is more worldwide then Tyson but i really cant be assed to debate since you never leave your country so y'all will never understand...

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    if someone has even heard of basketball, hes heard of MJ...only brits say basketball aint big
                    Brits make up the population of the world, which is what we are talking about here. Tyson was all over the news both for his actions in the ring and out of it. Everybody and their mother knows who he is, including old folk. Jordan is quite well known over the world, but he's still not as famous as Tyson is all over the world. Some of you probably can't fathom it as he is a demigod in America. But like I said, America is not the world. I'm guessing lots of people in America don't know who Maradona is.

Comment

In Canada, MJ was gigantic. He was everywhere. You could not watch an evening of TV without him mugging the camera multiple times. Like someone else said he was a franchise that exists mainly in North America

Tyson was also huge, not quite as gigantic, but his name was still all over the place. He was also always in the news. He was also huge in Europe.

It is a tough call. MJ was as big as a sports celebrity could possibly get in North America to the point of over-saturation. Tyson was big worldwide.

Comment

Working...
                      X