No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale vs. Gonzales Set For 5/31 Froch-Groves Bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DeGale vs. Gonzales Set For 5/31 Froch-Groves Bill

London's James DeGale MBE, 18-1 (12), has formally announced his move to Matchroom Sport. The 28-year-old will meet the undefeated 29-year-old American Brandon Gonzales, 18-0-1 (10), on the Carl Froch versus George Groves IBF and WBA Super middleweight title bill at Wembley Stadium on May 31st. It means that DeGale should fight the winner of Froch-Groves if he gets past Gonzales.

"I'm back," said DeGale when announcing the move from Mick Hennessy to Eddie Hearn live on Sky Sports this afternoon. "The last year or so has been very frustrating for me—if I'm brutally honest I've been depressed. That's the past, I'm looking forward to the future—it's looking extremely bright and should be exciting." [Click Here To Read More]

Gonzales beats DeGale, IMO.

Edit: DeGale should have dumped his trainer, Jim McDonnell, years ago.
    Last edited by yoz; 04-10-2014, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Good card. Might fork out the dosh on this one .

Comment

Would have preferred he went for his straight shot at Bika.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          DeGale should have dumped his trainer, Jim McDonnell, years ago.
          Too true... McDonnell is basically a cheerleader, hasn't added to or nurtured Degale's talents at all.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            Gonzales beats DeGale, IMO.
            I think so too.

This is a great undercard fight though, good job by the promoters on not taking the Bob Arum approach.

Comment

DeGale is a Gold Medalist with nothing of note on his resume.. Gotta respect Khan for what he's done for his own career and skill set.. Khan is serious about his craft.. I think a properly moved(progression of competition level)- DeGale would have been able to beat Brandon, but since he has not fought enough different styles, or guys with a Brandon Gonzales style etc.. a guy like Brandon Gonzales can be a hand full if not prepared. Then again Degale is a Gold Medalist, that has to be a positive ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Would have preferred he went for his straight shot at Bika.
                Should've....Bika ain't doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Should've....Bika ain't doing anything.
                  He probably would have wanted a lot of money to come over on such short notice.

I expect Eddie Hearn will be asked about it by IFL TV.

Comment

Now that the biggest bore in British boxing has been added to the bill, I'll be faced with a personal dilemma. Normally during a PPV event my friends snort an inordinate amount of cocaine up their greedy little snouts. I abstain. Because I'm there to watch the boxing.

Now there's not a chance that sound of mind, I'll make the decision to watch James DeGale prance like a deplumed peacock for 12 God forsaken rounds. Sadly, this leaves a 'window of opportunity' where my resistance, primed to an emotional low ebb by the sight of Chunky, may well crumble into a puff of white powder.

So thank you very much James DeGale. You've turned a man to drugs. 'Ching Chunky' - emblazon that on your shorts!!

Comment

Working...
                    X