Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hip swivel drills? Anyone got a drill I can practice to get my power mechanics down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip swivel drills? Anyone got a drill I can practice to get my power mechanics down?

Like im so close to getting it right, ive almost got control over my hips, (I think I had weak/lazy hips to begin with) I just want a drill I can do over and over again till it becomes natural.

So I wont be punching just doing the power mechanics, the hip rotation that powers all power punches.

Cheers.

Also how long did it take you to get the hip motion down?

Comment

Im at the point where sometimes my brain says rotate and I can actually rotate but sometimes my brain says rotate and my hips dont but im so close to it being everytime I feel like its finally within reach, this has taken me a long time to get, ive been working really long and hard on this. I bet you guys just picked it up real fast!?
      Last edited by AlexKid; 02-12-2013, 08:41 PM.

Comment

get a broom stick, put it behind your neck, on your shoulders and drape your arms over the stick. Get into fighting positiowith yolur feet/balance and rotate back and forth. The broom stick will keep everything in proper punching form and motion/ firing order.......... Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 02-12-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Maybe try throwing 1-2s over and over on the heavy bag. Pivot on the balls of your feet, turn your hips, and also whirl your shoulders.

That should get you punching right. But it takes a lot of practice, for weeks and weeks. It's not going to happen in just one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            get a broom stick, put it behind your neck, on your shoulders and drape your arms over the stick. Get into fighting positiowith yolur feet/balance and rotate back and forth. The broom stick will keep everything in proper punching form and motion/ firing order.......... Rockin'
            Brilliant idea thanks rockin!

Comment

Brilliant thanks mate will try that tommorow when I get my bag out!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                Brilliant idea thanks rockin!
                It's all an illusion kid, your mind will find only what YOU will allow it to find.

Anyway, I have a hard time even spelling boxing, it was a lucky guess. ...........Rockin'

Comment

xD

That sounds profound what do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                    xD

That sounds profound what do you mean?
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_3Gq...n':boxing:

Comment

Working...
                    X