No announcement yet.

I sparred with Junior Witter today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timba View Post
    Sparring with recognised names isn't really a big deal in the UK. Most boxers train at the gyms where they grew up, and 99% of them are open to anybody.

I've never sparred with a superstar pro, but I've worked the heavybag alongside Alex Arthur, hit the pads while Dan Hardy was training right next to me, and had Carl Froch briefly watch one of my sparring sessions.

Boxing is very much a grass roots sport over here, that's why I find it totally believable that the OP has sparred with Witter.
    why wouldnt u at least take picture? panda reckons u dont see them often

Comment

If a champion's nice enough to spar with you to help you out it's a bit much to expect them to pose for pictures too.

Comment

Witter is done, Not suprised about him wanting to try out Prizefighter..

Comment

I dont why everyone seem to be asking for pictures, Why are you going to be taking pictures while you are in the ring? Not everyone takes pictures of everything, I use to spar James Degale before he went to the olympics and got famous but while would i want to take pictures with him?

Comment

Thats great to spar with an ex champ.

I wouldnt ask for a photo. I think its cool that some people can have a great experience and not feel they have to have proof so ast to impress everyone.

Comment

thatd be a big name for prizefighter

Comment

wow thats great!

Comment

You sparred with your **** and lost in 25 secs

Comment

Originally posted by bcfc View Post
                    And i can proudly say i held my own against a former wbc world champion....
                    but hes a good guy, he said all that **** with ricky was just for hype and he really respected him as a fighter , i kinda feel sorry for the guy, he was meant to fight on the froch-abraham undercard, but then they (showtime) never gave him the slot, hes just had time off due to a knee problem and is looking in good shape, i personally think he's best days are behind him, he said he might give prizefighter a go at weltherweight, i think he is looking for one decent payday before he calls it a day, he was saying if he still had his wbc belt today he would have been the biggest draw at light welter. also he thinks tim brad will beat devon (hes fought them both).
                    Ask if what Witter thinks of a fight with Khan after Maidana if Khan beats Maidana as a homecoming fight in the UK.

I think he would take it.

Comment

He makes up a story on sparring with Junior Witter. Yeah, that's the best story he can come up with.

Comment

Working...
                      X